Any kakis here drink wine besides photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tend to prefer old world wines and nowadays moving towards boutique wines.

new world wines were once my fav, but those were the days :D

my standards are italians esp the brunellos, barolos, babarescos, etc....

not much of a white wine drinker though, cept a couple of familes.

as for new world wines, esp from australia, i'd highly recommend Penfolds Grange series. Do a vertical, shouldn't be THAT much of a diff as compared to old worlds like the french.

haha, a grange vertical? doesnt happen very often, nor for very little money.

good grange is not bad, but id prefer a single vineyard guigal.

if i drink any alcoholic drinks, i will complain about pictures not sharp. :bsmilie:

1234so.jpg

Well, wines are meant to be a form of destress i guess. Above pic took last nite. But lightning wasn't favourable. :(

"Lightning?" You mean "lighting" dun u? Must be the wine.
:what:

mageditor said:
Well, wines are meant to be a form of destress i guess. Above pic took last nite. But lightning wasn't favourable. :(

:bsmilie: that's a good one ... :sticktong anyone else here snappers also drinkers and lovers?

Beer better or wine? Wine appreciation is style right? :lovegrin:

astroboy said:
"Lightning?" You mean "lighting" dun u? Must be the wine.
:what:

I find that beer drinker and wine drinker are uniquely different. Of course you might say, the're also wine drinkers but notice how they tends to gobble down the whole wine bottle instead of the gurgle and phew stuff :bsmilie:

kenele said:
I find that beer drinker and wine drinker are uniquely different. Of course you might say, the're also wine drinkers but notice how they tends to gobble down the whole wine bottle instead of the gurgle and phew stuff :bsmilie:

Hmmmm, pretty true. And I notice that smokers tend to prefer dry wines. Anyone agree on this??

yup yup i really like Wine (Red Only)... especially the Old World Country - French : Red Wine Merlot, Bordeaux .... or Italy - Ice Wine.... The Ice Wine from Canada was too sweet for me. Cant defferential Wine or Beer which one better .... cox The "Wine" is for taste ... The "Beer" is for party + Fun.... Whatzzzuuuuup !! i like the Budwiser but Malaysia and Singapore one taste r diff. from UK, so i prefer UK one.... i found "Carrefour" (maybe spelling wrong) ... inside (basement) got 1 whole rack sell Bordeaux wine really a good place to buy + quite cheap oso ... beside this the Red Wine from Macau --- "Sand Bottle" also very good... the diff. was when u open the Wine u should let it "breathing" for 25 min. it was very important for the "breathing" time ... coz diff. wine ned a diff. breathing time to "wake-up" ... but 2 sad most of the seller in Singapore or Malaysia can't tell me about this (when i bought the wine and ask them about the "breathing" time. Bkt Batok got 1 wine bar (inside CSC - opposite the Polyclinic) just open, location look nice but dont know wat is the price ... If u organized any Wine event just let me know ,.... i sure like to join ... if the price not too high

I don't organise one or belong to any dah. Me only small time newbie photographer and shoot for fun. Drink to relax after work with friends.:lovegrin:

This URL here got all the dates for wine tastings, dinners all you can 'lim' and pay.
http://www.myfirstforum.com/wine-forum-7.htm :thumbsup:

I only pick a few and go. Where got so much time to pay and drink. :sweatsm:

mageditor said:
I don't organise one or belong to any dah. Me only small time newbie photographer and shoot for fun. Drink to relax after work with friends.:lovegrin:

This URL here got all the dates for wine tastings, dinners all you can 'lim' and pay.
http://www.myfirstforum.com/wine-forum-7.htm :thumbsup:

I only pick a few and go. Where got so much time to pay and drink. :sweatsm:

really many thanks ... it was a good web for wine kaki ..//// :thumbsup:

mageditor said:
1234so.jpg

Riedel Glass??

I like Inniskillin Ice Wine! Yeah,its from Canada and its very sweet! Best served it chilled.
Other wise,for red I go for merlot. I like fruitier kind of taste.

Whites,I like Chardonnay,Traminer and of cos,that ice wine! :D

It's Schott Ziwesel or Oberglas, I can't remember.

Ice wine which is marketed by Canadian winemakers is over reached and all hype.

I prefer to stick to Riesling, Chardonnay and other red blends. :lovegrin:

mageditor said:

Just to correct the spelling is Schott Zwiesel.

There is a another brand which is called Mikasa glasses which are quite good as well.

mageditor said:

I see....thanks for telling me. =)
Just thought it look familiar like Riedel. :D

I just had the Australian Chardonnay white wine last nite. It's not dry and very easy to drink. Beginners will surely love it. I know I did.
:)

edwinywh said:
Riedel Glass??

I like Inniskillin Ice Wine! Yeah,its from Canada and its very sweet! Best served it chilled.
Other wise,for red I go for merlot. I like fruitier kind of taste.

Whites,I like Chardonnay,Traminer and of cos,that ice wine! :D

Thanks for correcting. :sweat:

Well, seems we all have our own favourites. Anyone like wines from Burgundy?

Pro Image said:
Just to correct the spelling is Schott Zwiesel.

There is a another brand which is called Mikasa glasses which are quite good as well.

me me...

whats not to like!

yea its not cheap.. thing about burgundy though, is somethings you can get a parcel offload that works out pretty well.

crystal has a decent selection of burgundies, in the 80-120 price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.