Any issues with CS2/CS3 with Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
As above...

Planning to get a new PC.... any issues with installing/running CS2 / CS3 versions on it?
Googled it and seems like horrible errors for many pple...

wanna hear from the CS'ers!

As above...

Planning to get a new PC.... any issues with installing/running CS2 / CS3 versions on it?
Googled it and seems like horrible errors for many pple...

wanna hear from the CS'ers!

Nope...no prob. My CS2 is working fine with vista. In fact you gotta try it on urself to see.. hehee.. i took the risk by trying.. and its working perfectly fine.

no prob running CS3 on Vista... but like I mentioned in another thread, (http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=321556), Vista has a colour management problem where they like to take over colour management from your colour profiling program... my workaround so far is to go to the Startup folder and rerun the colour profiling program when that happens... :confused:

ahh...color profile...i'm currently using Huey as the monitor calibrator....pray that nothing bad happens.

another question is the speed of ram....for DDR2, there's (667MHz) and 800Mhz...

Which would be faster,
Say 2G of 800Mhz?
Or 3-4G of 667Mhz?

And if it's wise to mix say 2G 667Mhz, and 2G 800Mhz....

About to place my order..hence wanna be sure of these..

thanks guys!

Defintely 2G of 800MHz is faster if you are opening only one application but 4GB of 557MHz will comes in handy when you are opening lots of applications.

For Vista, the minimum required RAM is at least 2GB if you need to run CS.

You can mix 667MHz and 800MHz but try to get the same brands as different brands might cause incompatability issues. Even if it works, it will follow the speed of 667MHz.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.