Any individual Ixus 400 Group around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaroopig

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Singapore
If so, please let me know... I wanna join!!!!

If don't have, do you want to create one? If so, pls PM me your email (if you do not want to display in the forum) and maybe I'll create one and invite you in.

PS: Still haven't really master how to make full use of the camera's functions.

Regards

yaroopig said:
If so, please let me know... I wanna join!!!!

If don't have, do you want to create one? If so, pls PM me your email (if you do not want to display in the forum) and maybe I'll create one and invite you in.

PS: Still haven't really master how to make full use of the camera's functions.

Regards

Me interested...
I'm a Ixus 400 newbie here. Still have alot to learn from everyday shots.
Let's learn as we shoot... :)
Cheers!
Here's my email add: jervismailbox-shootme@yahoo.com.sg

jervislim said:
Me interested...
I'm a Ixus 400 newbie here. Still have alot to learn from everyday shots.
Let's learn as we shoot... :)
Cheers!
Here's my email add: jervismailbox-shootme@yahoo.com.sg

Just got the Ixus 400 earlier this month too.
I'm playing around with the manual functions. Still can't get the hang of it.

It's not like my G5. Fast presets, easy change of shutter speed. Sigh.

I thot IXUS 400 is just a simple point & shoot camera, no manual controls, right ? Even if there are
manual controls, still very limited compared to G5.

Ranchu_Lover said:
I thot IXUS 400 is just a simple point & shoot camera, no manual controls, right ? Even if there are
manual controls, still very limited compared to G5.

Well, it has quite a number of manual controls compared to most cameras of it's size.

Let's see, there's
i. ISO change 50,100,200,400
ii. Shutter speed adjustment (Can't recall how many settings. Max and min. Speed is same to G5 though)
iii. Exposure setting.
iv. and the other usuals.

As for G5, the presets, RAW file, and the front quick shutter adjustments are cool, but the size is not that perfect for long trips.

ninkus said:
Hey count me in. I just got mine not long ago too.

tazmic98@yahoo.com

Pricing i think is about 700+ and I think u could get some freebies frm tat.

The latest quote I have was S$690 from AP (no freebies though). Called Canon up today as the Ixus500 and 430 was on their website. Here's the SRP that you would get from Harvey Norman, Courts... etc.

Ixus 400: $856
Ixus 430: $799
Ixus 500: $899

I asked them why the 430 which is newer is selling cheaper. The reply was that its newer, therefore cheaper.

From my viewpoint as a product designer in consumer electronics, the first batch of products are normally problematic (esp. firmware) and more expensive to make, therefore using more expensive stuff. As time goes by, the company have to make cost reduction programs, therefore cheaper process and materials.

Therefore I would think, get the Ixus 400 or 430. The firmware is about the same, and the CCD sensor is the same as well. Many commented that 5MP on such small sensors do not produce optimal results as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.