any idea where i can find royston tan movies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eadwine

Jan 17, 2002
east side
anyone has any idea where one can find royston tan (local film maker) movies to see/download/buy etc?????

well..if you are looking for 15 (full version) don't think you can find it cause it was not released commercially.

but i think you can the short film version somewhere..a friend managed to download it somewhere. (p2p)

as for his other films, i think the short film "censor" (i think that's the name) is on talkingcock.com but i never managed to download/watch it from there...maybe the link is fixed now. :dunno:

eadwine said:
anyone has any idea where one can find royston tan (local film maker) movies to see/download/buy etc?????

be patient and wait for 15 to be released on DVD Region 1, of cos.... ;)

akane said:
well..if you are looking for 15 (full version) don't think you can find it cause it was not released commercially.

but i think you can the short film version somewhere..a friend managed to download it somewhere. (p2p)

as for his other films, i think the short film "censor" (i think that's the name) is on talkingcock.com but i never managed to download/watch it from there...maybe the link is fixed now. :dunno:

actually looking out more of the "CUT" short film, not "censor". everytime i got to talkingcock.com, the link seems to be not working.
o well... guess i'll just wait

The short film version of 15 and some other older productions by royston tan is quite readily available on Kazaa and Edonkey.

"Cut" was amazingly funny. :)

You want to contact Royston Tan himself to enquire about his film? (Oh, he is so cute. :p )
I think I can get his email from someone from my class. Then you can mail him to enquire what you want to enquire lah.
He came to SP to give a talk about directing short films and all that.
(He swore in all 4 different languages of Singapore in 4 seconds to make 15. *swoon*)

It's better if Royston himself isn't interested in photography and does not frequent here.. :D

Poledra said:
"Cut" was amazingly funny. :)

You want to contact Royston Tan himself to enquire about his film? (Oh, he is so cute. :p )
I think I can get his email from someone from my class. Then you can mail him to enquire what you want to enquire lah.
He came to SP to give a talk about directing short films and all that.
(He swore in all 4 different languages of Singapore in 4 seconds to make 15. *swoon*)

It's better if Royston himself isn't interested in photography and does not frequent here.. :D

Groupie? ;p :bsmilie:

yeah, i emailed him about it, he said the uncut DVD version will be sold online early next year.

lavenderlilz said:
Groupie? ;p :bsmilie:
Well.. I try not to. :embrass:

So far, I haven't gotten his contact numbers yet in case I really become a groupie. :D

But darn, he's cute.
But darn, he's 27...
And he's not stuck up at all, unlike some certain famous director in Singapore.

Oops. Am I embarrassing myself again? :bsmilie:

hey, I also want!! keep us updated of where we can purchase it from.. the thing is, if order online and if it's overseas website, it's bound for custom checks and u should know what happens next ;)

rinaldi86 said:
hey, I also want!! keep us updated of where we can purchase it from.. the thing is, if order online and if it's overseas website, it's bound for custom checks and u should know what happens next ;)

now singapore censor got new ratings
G
PG
NC16
and
MA
so shouldnt be a problem... i think

eadwine said:
now singapore censor got new ratings
G
PG
NC16
and
MA
so shouldnt be a problem... i think
but i heard the movie got banned because of those gang chanting thingy :dunno:

15 got banned because of homosexual issues. :rolleyes:
And yeah, also the chanting.. But more on the homosexual issue.

rinaldi86 said:

if it is available in overseas websites, go ahead and order them. do not worry about custom checks. (so singaporean, worry about everything, then froze!!) order first, it is not like illegal narcotics that the dogs can sniff it out. even if they were detected, they will ask you if you will pay for the censors to snipe it. otherwise, the stuff is destroyed. full stop!

Poledra said:
Well.. I try not to. :embrass:

So far, I haven't gotten his contact numbers yet in case I really become a groupie. :D

But darn, he's cute.
But darn, he's 27...
And he's not stuck up at all, unlike some certain famous director in Singapore.

Oops. Am I embarrassing myself again? :bsmilie:

yes, you are drooling all over, besides embarrassing yourself.

reachme2003 said:
if it is available in overseas websites, go ahead and order them. do not worry about custom checks. (so singaporean, worry about everything, then froze!!) order first, it is not like illegal narcotics that the dogs can sniff it out. even if they are detected, they will ask you if you will pay for the censors to snipe it. otherwise, the stuff is destroyed. full stop!
I just don't feel liek ordering in the end kena destroyed or censored loh... the purpose of getting it is to get it in 1 piece uncensored and not destroyed..

rinaldi86 said:
I just don't feel liek ordering in the end kena destroyed or censored loh... the purpose of getting it is to get it in 1 piece uncensored and not destroyed..

i did say 'IF they were detected'. anyway, your atitude is defeatish, not entirely surpirising. no venture, no gain!

Poledra said:
15 got banned because of homosexual issues. :rolleyes:
And yeah, also the chanting.. But more on the homosexual issue.

But there's nothing homosexual about the film. :sweat:

DeepZpace said:
But there's nothing homosexual about the film. :sweat:

i have not seen the film. though i remembered from the news that it was the police who wanted the gangsters type chantings to be scaled down or removed before they will allow a 'looser' classification.

reachme2003 said:
i have not seen the film. though i remembered from the news that it was the police who wanted the gangsters type chantings to be scaled down or removed before they will allow a 'looser' classification.

Yeah, I watched the full uncut version during 2003's Film Festival and there is NOTHING homosexual about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.