Any Ibook G3/G4 Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty

Jul 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Gonna receive it from a friend for safekeeping :cool: while he goes for NS..
im gonna experiment with it to see whether i prefer mac or pc... so the question is... is it too slow for photo processing...

- using photoshop 7/CS/
- for jpeg-fine-L,
- the usual crop,unsharp mask, curves/ levels

any experienced mac users using g3 ibook / older version g4 ibook would like to share?

btw... its an ibook 14" G3 600mhz + 640MB RAM.... got a feeling its gonna be a bit slow...

it depend on the amount of RAM it has and which OS it is running, not to mention the size of the image to be edited.

If you don't intend to change, don't try it....
you might not be able go back to a PeeCee

I've actually used both pc and mac at work before.. just that i've never had a mac for a main rig to do all my computing stuff.. prob need some orientation with it... i wanna be convinced that i can do the same things on the mac as i can on the pc with the same ease(or better).. although i think the speed of the G3 ibook would not do justice hehe.. just wanna find out from ibook users how far i can "push" this ibook.. :D

with maxed out rams, processing pics on the g3 will be likened to a crawl of a snail... it won't crash and hang like some other comps.. but it'll be slow and still gets the work done...

g4s are much better... their processing speed would be considered "normal" actually..

:)

I'm G3 900 ibook user.... actually u can choose how much ram u wanna use on that program... But once u are in OS X u will get to lag abit coz most of my friends encounter that..... hmm... now dun seems like touching my mac hee hee more on PC now a days..... but mac are cool just it will not hang but batt kinda weak which takes ur 4-6hr when u had 2-4 program running....

Status
Not open for further replies.