any household formula to clean LCD screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=320436&highlight=lcd+screen,+clean

as usual, I ve done a search....most related thread was above :think:

Any1 has cleaned his LCD screen effectively with household formula ? ;p

I googled and some said avoid using TAP WATER bcos of its impurities ? and some said VINEGAR ? :bigeyes:

so , how ah ? :) ....any new findings ? or discovery ?

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=320436&highlight=lcd+screen,+clean

as usual, I ve done a search....most related thread was above :think:

Any1 has cleaned his LCD screen effectively with household formula ? ;p

I googled and some said avoid using TAP WATER bcos of its impurities ? and some said VINEGAR ? :bigeyes:

so , how ah ? :) ....any new findings ? or discovery ?

I use my breath.

I use my breath.

oh.... so, when u free to drop by and clean my LCD screen ? .. I need your breath ;p

jkjkjkjk ........ anw, noted with thanks ... I read about that too but I ve trails of stubborn stains :think:

Same thing as what some techies use to clean their sensors - diluted WINDEX.

oh.... so, when u free to drop by and clean my LCD screen ? .. I need your breath ;p

jkjkjkjk ........ anw, noted with thanks ... I read about that too but I ve trails of stubborn stains :think:

:think:u sure those are stains and not scratches? ;p

If it is just small scratches or blemishes, try using a little bit, just a little bit of toothpaste onto the LCD screen, It will cover the small scratches and give the screen a little shine.

if they are scratches, and they are ignorable, ignore them... by the way, using toothpaste is to scratch out big scratches by making small scratches, sort of like using those CD repairing creams and removing scratches from scratched CDs: do it at your own risk...

if it is stains, like lsisaxon, I prefer using breath condensation... but make sure your mouth is clean and you haven't just eaten something... rinse it first if you can :) ... or maybe use some lens cleaning solution... if using window cleaner, do not spray it directly onto the screen but spray it onto a damp cloth to dilute it... personally, I think breath condensation should be good for most situations...

I just use water o_O Tap water.

I use Mac iKlear solution to clean all the LCD screens in my studio. It is the best and the safest available.

Vice versa, you can try RS Anti-Static Foaming Cleaner. Acer, Dell and HP use it to clean their laptop LCD monitors.

i use a couple drops of mama lemon in water and some isoprop alcohol to clean my vinyl records, i recon that it will work as well with you lcd screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.