any hotel/guesthouse recommendation for siem reap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

centrino

Mar 3, 2004
www.pbase.com
i've booked flight to siem reap for angkor wat, anyone have recommendation on the hotel/guesthouse there?

i will be staying 3 nites there.. looking for something cheap as long as the rooms are clean...

Ok one from me!

Bun Nath Guest House
#446, National Road 6, Taphul Village, Khum Svay Dangkum
Srok Siem Reap, Siem Reap Province. Cambodia
Tel: (855) 63 963 293

Stayed there before, fully renovated with teak wood furnitures. Just beside money changer, caltex petrol station(the one and only there) and 5 - 10mins walking distance to shops. Also less than 15mins to Angkor area!
Damage: USD 7 / night (2 single bed)

Info correct as year 2004, maybe price up abit ;)

i've booked flight to siem reap for angkor wat, anyone have recommendation on the hotel/guesthouse there?

i will be staying 3 nites there.. looking for something cheap as long as the rooms are clean...

Angkorhotels.org is one good website where u can look through the range of hotel. I find the prices listed here are cheaper than most websites.

Basically, I'm quite impressed by the Angkor Star Hotel. Tried to do a booking but was informed it is full and have to change to Mekong Angkor Palace. Btw, I'll be travelling there from 29th Dec to 2nd Jan.

I stayed at Bou Savy Guesthouse (a house turned guesthouse)...it's 5 minutes walk from town, but price is about US$15 (two beds). nice and friendly and safe.
Price as at Aug 2006. :bsmilie:

Look for Peace of Angkor. This is the guest house the Circle of Light trip stayed during the August 06 Trip. The owner who runs the guesthouse is a photographer so he has many staff and guides and tuktuk drivers who knows where to bring photoenthusiasts to when they visit Siem Reap. These guys knows where are all the exotic spots to get you the best images at diff time and seasons of the year. The owner's name is Dave Perkes.

Dave can arrange for direct pick up for you at the Siem Reap airport so that you don;t get ripped off by unscrupulous taxi or tuktuk drivers at the entrance of the airport. He can give you suggested itinerary that you can visit while you are there. Their chief tour Guide Mr Ta is very familiar with the area and is also constantly exploring new archeological spots that he can offer to people who visit.

Dave's cntacts details are:

Peace of Angkor Villa
www.peaceofangkor.com
tel : (855) 0 63760475

His email and address u can get from the website.

Good luck. We're very impressd with their service the last time we're there.

alamak..I was there in Aug 06...should gone there to stay.....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.