Any hobby Cellists here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
lol trying to learn, so looking for info.
Anyone here?
heard NIE got symphonic band hee.

i played tuba during my sec sch. :embrass:

I can play all kinds of instruments ... you name it and I'll play it for you. The only condition is that you don't behave like all my friends ... dunno why they always cover their ears or run away whenever I start playing ... :sticktong

Adam Goi said:
I can play all kinds of instruments ... you name it and I'll play it for you. The only condition is that you don't behave like all my friends ... dunno why they always cover their ears or run away whenever I start playing ... :sticktong
lol that's still very skillful liao, if u really can make sounds from ALL instruments :D

i can play piano -either one note at a time or +- 10% within engineering limits LOL

I played the flute and piccolo in my secondary school. Now, still playing with flute.

hehe..everyone out of point.

surely there's someone in the forum who knows how to play a cello...

well for inspiration you can read a self-biography of an amateur cellist..

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian/issues00/may00/bookreview_may00.html

I read it like once... unfortunately due to attention-deficit I don't remember a lot of things from the book except

- the guy started learned cello at 30 years old
- he plays a lot of chamber music with other amateurs
- he enjoys it very much
- he works very hard at his hobby
- even if he don't always do well he keeps working at it

i think visiting an active cellist forum can be quite helpful, even just to lurk around while you are searching for info.

also, i believe that listening to recordings can be quite beneficial even if you are new or self-proclaimed tone-deaf etc.

hmm i played the tuba , trump n flute in my sec sch.

Hmm... Percussion, Trombone and Chinese Orchestra Dizi player here.

I was trained for the Reed Pipe (or Sheng they call it), but I couldn't be bothered to devote myself to it.

Its said dat Trombone players have no problem with the Baritone and Euphonium. Its da damned fingering dats annoying me. Gimme da slide anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.