Any hardcore Tamron lens user there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s598719

Oct 27, 2006
Just wondering whether the Tamron AF 70-200mm Di LD (IF) Macro can give as sharp a picture as the Canon EF 70-200mm F/4.0L USM AF or the Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8 IS USM AF?

I am trying to decide which to buy on a tight budget.

Just wondering whether the Tamron AF 70-200mm Di LD (IF) Macro can give as sharp a picture as the Canon EF 70-200mm F/4.0L USM AF or the Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8 IS USM AF?

I am trying to decide which to buy on a tight budget.

Never tried Tamron.. but 70-200f4.0 and f2.8 IS are the best of its bred :bsmilie: USM quietness alone.. I believe no fight :sweatsm:

Is there a Tamron AF 70-200mm Di LD (IF) Macro ? I know it is coming.... Has anyone selling this yet. If not, I suggest you wait and see what others has to say. Sometimes good lenses like Tamron can cost as much as the original. The AF may not be faster but the optics can be as good or better than the original. I will get a Tamron anytime as I like the image quality even their cheaper lenses.

Is there a Tamron AF 70-200mm Di LD (IF) Macro ? I know it is coming.... Has anyone selling this yet. If not, I suggest you wait and see what others has to say. Sometimes good lenses like Tamron can cost as much as the original. The AF may not be faster but the optics can be as good or better than the original. I will get a Tamron anytime as I like the image quality even their cheaper lenses.

It's been announced, but not released, nor reviewed by major review sites.

In any case, the Canon 70-200s are the creme de la creme. Sharp, contrasty, blazing fast AF, solid construction.

if you've got a crystal ball, i'm sure you'll be able to tell.

but anyway, tamron makes good glasses. whilst tamron cannot compete with canon and sigma in terms of USM/HSM and IS/OS, i'm in the belief that the tamron 7-2 SP will be an excellent optics lens.

and you may want to consider the sigma 7-2 EX as well.

if you've got a crystal ball, i'm sure you'll be able to tell.

but anyway, tamron makes good glasses. whilst tamron cannot compete with canon and sigma in terms of USM/HSM and IS/OS, i'm in the belief that the tamron 7-2 SP will be an excellent optics lens.

and you may want to consider the sigma 7-2 EX as well.

So I guess the main question to the TS is the $$ now... Will it be cheaper than a $800 70-200f4L 2nd hand lens :think:

So I guess the main question to the TS is the $$ now... Will it be cheaper than a $800 70-200f4L 2nd hand lens :think:

its quite obvious it cannot be cheaper. one, you're comparing new vs second hand. second, you're comparing f/4 vs f/2.8. even the sigma 7-2 EX retails for like $13XX liao. at best, the tamron will be $12XX?

its quite obvious it cannot be cheaper. one, you're comparing new vs second hand. second, you're comparing f/4 vs f/2.8. even the sigma 7-2 EX retails for like $13XX liao. at best, the tamron will be $12XX?

so as mentioned by TS that he has tight budget...2nd hand might not be a concern.. since he is comparing image quality... I am just helping him to decide.. :bsmilie:

so as mentioned by TS that he has tight budget...2nd hand might not be a concern.. since he is comparing image quality... I am just helping him to decide.. :bsmilie:

No hurry. Waiting for Tamron to launch their new lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.