Any Gopro camera Users??

Joel kho

Apr 12, 2009
Singapore, Bukit Panjang
Hi guys,

I can't seem to find a thread here about gopro cameras.

anyway, i'm wondering if any of you guys have used one and give some advice. Because i'm thinking of getting one and need some advice.

Cheers,
Joel

got the goproherohd1

Own a HD1 but i suggest u get HD2 .. :)

GoPro HD2 for me... I haven't seen any GoPro discussions here before :dunno:

would you guys recommend this after using it??

and is it cheaper to get from the go pro website or from local retailers in Singapore?

and is it cheaper to get from the go pro website or from local retailers in Singapore?

they don't ship to SG.

even bh and adorama aren't allowed to ship overseas by gopro. If you don't u can always use the forwarders like vpost/comgateway/borderlinx.

or to save the trouble buy from cathay.

i got my friend in the states to bring it back. paid 400 for the motorsport set with lcd bac also.

Both hv pros & cons

Buy from SG
Pros - no waiting time; buy off shelf (some provide exchange service if lets say ur underwater housing spoilt; but within a few days)
Cons - gopro warranty is from GoPro themselve; meaning if spoilt u gotta send back to US to repair/replace

Buy from US
Pros - sometime its cheaper to buy from there when there is sales and if you hv friends there to help you buy & bring back
Cons - same thing warranty is there, if u buy from overseas meaning u cannot check if ur underwater house leaks or not and do exchange if it happen

Im not sure if other local ship provide local warranty or not .. but the retail shop that i bought from told me warranty from US. (shop in vivocity)

Recommendation:

Depends, i bought for fun. To do some timelapse & some interesting videos.
But its in my cupboards for months, never see light already.

i used the GoPro HD 2 (borrowed) during a day ski trip. some quirks: (1) unfortunately you can't review the photos/videos that are taken. (2) if you wear it head-mounted, you have to memorize the controls (if not you have to take it down from your head to see where you are in the menu system).

unfortunately you can't review the photos/videos that are taken.

the LCD bacpac will allow u to view the photos/videos - they are sold seperately

alternative is use ipad with connection kit, open with ifile app (to view video especially)

the LCD bacpac will allow u to view the photos/videos - they are sold seperately

alternative is use ipad with connection kit, open with ifile app (to view video especially)

yes with the LCD bac u can view photos/video.