Any Good Wi-Fi PDA or PDA Phone for around $400 to $600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
New to PDA.
Need advise on which good Wi-Fi PDA or PDA phone around $400 to $600 range.
used also can.
Thanks.

There are plenty of good WiFi PDAs within your budget. But for PDA phones, to get within your budget, you'll need to have a contract. Most PDA phones without contract would be out of your budget.

HP makes good PDAs. Checkout their website:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/sg/en/ho/WF02a/1090709-1113753-1113753.html

Also a good place where there are plenty of discussion on PDAs is:
http://www.ppcsg.com/

There are plenty of good WiFi PDAs within your budget. But for PDA phones, to get within your budget, you'll need to have a contract. Most PDA phones without contract would be out of your budget.

HP makes good PDAs. Checkout their website:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/sg/en/ho/WF02a/1090709-1113753-1113753.html

Also a good place where there are plenty of discussion on PDAs is:
http://www.ppcsg.com/

Just went to Courts to play with the HP 6828, feel good..
Used set going for around $500 plus..

I thinking to use the WiFi for the free Wireless@SG cos no money to get lappy..

HP 6828 is a good phone. Can't say if $500 for used set is worth it or not, because it really depends on the condition. Check out the ppcsg site in my previous post. There are many users there who have the 6828 and can share their experiences.

Try Dell Axim X51V

Can't agree more. Big VGA screen and fast processor.

Unless you want to wait till Oct 07. New version of windows mobile is coming and graphics processor for PDA is slated to be available.

BTW, if you are tinking of surfing web... forget about PDA phones... screen too small.

Here in Australia, in the Telstra shop, the HP6515 on special at the moment PDA Phone with GPS, going for AUD$379. Are the prices similar in Singapore?
I considered it, then changed my mind :) hohor

Try Dell Axim X51V

Unfortunately, Dell no longer sell this PDA (if you chec their flyer in Today or during IT shows lately, you notice it is not mentioned). However, there are some unconfirm news that they are coming with a new one.

If you get asecond hand set, make sure the seller transfers the warranty to you. It is done online.

Can't agree more. Big VGA screen and fast processor.

Unless you want to wait till Oct 07. New version of windows mobile is coming and graphics processor for PDA is slated to be available.

BTW, if you are tinking of surfing web... forget about PDA phones... screen too small.

Actually can also consider the iPAQ 4700 series if yu can find it although it is EOL. You can get extented warranty from HP and there i WM5 upgrade for it. It also has dual slots like Dell pda. As the matter of fact, I still feel that WM2003SE is still the best.

For the new OS, you have to wait a while because somtimes the third party software providers may be slow to upgrade their software. This is specially the case for freewares.

BTW, not all PDA phones are small, at least not for Dopod 900.

New to PDA.
Need advise on which good Wi-Fi PDA or PDA phone around $400 to $600 range.
used also can.
Thanks.

try the hp 6515.no built in wifi.but just buy a wifi card will solve your need. go yahoo auction to check it out 2nd hand,about $450+-.its a good deal.can install a gps software and u wont be loss in any country!!!cheers and happy new year 2007!!!
:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, Dell no longer sell this PDA (if you chec their flyer in Today or during IT shows lately, you notice it is not mentioned). However, there are some unconfirm news that they are coming with a new one.

If you get asecond hand set, make sure the seller transfers the warranty to you. It is done online.

Since when did it got EOL? You can still buy it:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/axim?c=sg&cs=sgdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Think I will go for PDA as screen bigger and price should be cheaper..

Actually can also consider the iPAQ 4700 series if yu can find it although it is EOL. You can get extented warranty from HP and there i WM5 upgrade for it. It also has dual slots like Dell pda. As the matter of fact, I still feel that WM2003SE is still the best.

For the new OS, you have to wait a while because somtimes the third party software providers may be slow to upgrade their software. This is specially the case for freewares.

BTW, not all PDA phones are small, at least not for Dopod 900.

John, what the price for the iPAQ 4700?
Or any other model you can recommend?

John, what the price for the iPAQ 4700?
Or any other model you can recommend?

Not sure now. Last time bought for friend at $600 plus. Just remember Acer n311 also has a good screen too (3.7" high-brightness transflective TFT LCD (65,536 colors) with 480 x 640 (VGA) resolution).

http://www.acer.com.sg/products/n300/p_n300.asp

try the hp 6515.no built in wifi.but just buy a wifi card will solve your need. go yahoo auction to check it out 2nd hand,about $450+-.its a good deal.can install a gps software and u wont be loss in any country!!!cheers and happy new year 2007!!!
:thumbsup:

I won't recommend. Screen is 240x240 and some software cannnot be used. Need additional third party software to do some of the works. Also, I find the external wifi card tends to be slower.

I won't recommend. Screen is 240x240 and some software cannnot be used. Need additional third party software to do some of the works. Also, I find the external wifi card tends to be slower.

Dell Axim X51V at $619 online can?

Problem with Axim is their accessories (especially sync cable and cases) can be a bit difficult to find. If you are ok then it proceed with it. You might also want to go to Suntec Dell's booth to have a look.

Yep..tats a fair price, but think it went lower before...something like $589 or thereabouts. I bought mine around that price. Its a good pda (with wi-fi and vga res screen) if ur not looking for a pda phone.

Be sure to check out some of the dell forums online on how to work out some of the bugs, there's some issue with active sync on winmobile5. But once u get it sorted out, its relatively bug-free. :thumbsup::)

Status
Not open for further replies.