Any good web service provider to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petewong

Dec 7, 2002
Singapore
I am currently with Focushub but intending to move all my websites elsewhere. Their service really sucks big time since a change in the ppl managing the company.

At the very least, I need a company with a REAL telephone with someone who picks up calls from customers during emergencies.

Thanks.

Different Host - http://dh.com.sg/
Very reputable. Kinda pricey though.

You might want to drop the web author at http://www.nickpan.com/ a message, he's a very good guy and web designer, and recently he's offering web hosting services at very affordable rates. Plus he runs his family blog there anyway, complete with pictures, so you know who he is and all, I'm sure you can contact him most of the time and you can have piece of mind. :)

Disclaimer: in no way related to anyone at nickpan.com, i just happen to frequent his blog since godknowswhen.

I strongly advise against signing up with those one man show kind of stuff. so what if you can contact him now. Such one man show thing is really unstable, can close down anytime.

my host just went down recently so I changed to iwi.com.sg. Big place with long history

Yes to IWI. The tech support is super efficient and friendly. WebVisions isn't too bad too. But slightly more expensive.

petewong said:
I am currently with Focushub but intending to move all my websites elsewhere. Their service really sucks big time since a change in the ppl managing the company.

At the very least, I need a company with a REAL telephone with someone who picks up calls from customers during emergencies.

Thanks.

www.e-ws.com
call me if you interested

andy

I would recommend you webvisions.com for singapore.

Alternative, you can also PM me. :)

I use www.axac.com

Prompt and accurate replies to technical enquiries. Reliable servers and affordable. Been with them for 2 years now. Pick up the phones promptly.

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. I am evaluating ALL the links here including those from friends who sent me via e-mail and PMs. I think it's about time we kill those lousy providers. When I am done with my evaluation, I will publish a report for all to read.

Some of the companies I eliminate straightaway are:
1. No local telephone number support or brick-and-mortar office. If they are so scared to face customers, they should find another business.
2. Websites with "Under Construction" pages. Does not reflect well for a web company.
3. Websites with Flash etc. Wasting my time when all I need is INFO and RATES.
4. Slow site. If their own company site is slow, u think if u host with them, your website will be amy faster?

More to come...
;)

share your research with us. pricewise for starters. can highlight those that provide good service, but take care not to slam the others too much. can be alittle sensitive if so...

looking forward to your report. btw, i think clubsnap also offers something?

iwi.com.sg - Reasonable price and good tech support. Been with them for a little over a year already and quite happy with them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.