Any good Web Gallery to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought of that too, but there's no unlimited storage. By using Flock, I can upload everything at once. Or even using firefox, Pickup feature. Its a batch uploader. :)

Just my 2cent worth.

Can batch upload on pbase, if you resize all your images to small sizes say 1200X700 at quality 7 on CS2 then upload to pbase and delete originals when upload is finished your left with tiny filesizes and great quality!

Fwah, but pbase much more ex lei...

US$23 yearly for 400 Megabytes of photo storage.
or
US$60 yearly for 1200 Megabytes of photo storage.

Just for reference I have 2348 images on Pbase and its only taking up 167MB

Id call it basically unlimited!

So you only really need like 200-600MB really, so its cheap!

Also, if you dont use all your 400MB then the it will last longer than a year, I paid for 900mb i think, last year, and i still have like 3 years left before I have to pay again because im only using 200mb!

paid 10USD for 20gb webspace to configure anything u wan, beat that... haha... and 2 free domain, so equivalent to free hosting... original price is about 100+ USD per year, but used a coupon... expiry is today.

Thanks all for your comments... Have tried out pbase free account and I would say it is not very user friendly or is it just me. ;p

I have trouble uploading multiple files (need to zip up then can upload or else need to upload file by file) Don't they have something similar to flickr uploader? :dunno:

But nonetheless, I prefer pbase's gallery layout to flickrs.... hai.... dunno how man :dunno:

Also would you guys recommend getting my own domain name and webspace instead? Thou its about 3 times the price?

Also would you guys recommend getting my own domain name and webspace instead? Thou its about 3 times the price?

get own domain name & webspace gives u more control. u can choose from a few different gallery, and give yourself the identity... extra space can also do blog or u can even do a blog with a gallery... wordpress+gallery2

get own domain name & webspace gives u more control. u can choose from a few different gallery, and give yourself the identity... extra space can also do blog or u can even do a blog with a gallery... wordpress+gallery2

Yup.. understand. Got some info and quote from a friendly guy... but in terms of customisation, is it more work? I am more towards gallery only and no blog or homepages...

Also any sample own hosted web galleries to share anyone?

flickr, pbase, multiply, smugsmug etc etc...all have a huge user community. If you like to share your photo this is a better option. They have user groups (flickr) also which you can be a member. If you want people around the world to comment to your pics this is the place for you because you will have higher chance people checking your pics on these galleries.

Your own domain and your own space will offer you more flexibility but you gotta advertise
or let other people know your ulr address so that more people will visit your site (unless you do not want to show your pics). If you always produce amazing pics...peepz will search for your gallery so no need to :angel:

Thanks all for your comments... Have tried out pbase free account and I would say it is not very user friendly or is it just me. ;p

I have trouble uploading multiple files (need to zip up then can upload or else need to upload file by file) Don't they have something similar to flickr uploader? :dunno:

Guys thanks for all the info! :thumbsup:

Any comments on the pbase thingy above?

Yup.. understand. Got some info and quote from a friendly guy... but in terms of customisation, is it more work? I am more towards gallery only and no blog or homepages...

Also any sample own hosted web galleries to share anyone?

i still doing 1/2 way haven load any of my pics yet, but u can check out ntgen.com/gallery...

how come so many ppl recommend pbase and not smugmug ah?

i've been trying flickr, fotopic and photobucket for some time... i think the appeal of flickr lies in the community aspect - many groups you can join and submit pix to etc. i like the way you can organise and customise fotopic, but get annoyed cos they seem to compress my pictures. and as for photobucket, i just feel it's better for storage and hotlinking than for showing off your gallery.

hehe, i also have a clubsnap account, but that was more to give some cash back to the site, since i spend so much time here. haven't really explored the possibilities here.

i still doing 1/2 way haven load any of my pics yet, but u can check out ntgen.com/gallery...
hey cool, you're using joomla! too.. i'm using that for my school project...

how's the coppermine gallery? have you tried using porta+simpleviewer? i really like the professional presentation, plus the flash implementation prevents leeching. you can take a look here: www.antacid.os3.sg (the main page is just plain html)

anyways, any lobang for getting webserver space? i'm looking around for you too. saw the asmallorange and hostdept from the other threads, but i'm just wondering if there are better (cheaper!) alternatives around.

usd10 is a damn good deal...

how's the coppermine gallery? have you tried using porta+simpleviewer? i really like the professional presentation, plus the flash implementation prevents leeching. you can take a look here: www.antacid.os3.sg (the main page is just plain html)

anyways, any lobang for getting webserver space? i'm looking around for you too. saw the asmallorange and hostdept from the other threads, but i'm just wondering if there are better (cheaper!) alternatives around.

ya 10 bucks with 2 free domain name, wat else can u ask for rite?

i'm thinking of putting gallery 2 instead, cos can upload mpgs, coppermine can't load mpgs. only flash animations. and i could link gallery 2 to my blog

Hi antacid... liked how your photo galleries are presented. U suing porta+simpleviewer? Is it easy to manage and configure?

Status
Not open for further replies.