Any good trekking shoes to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Jul 7, 2002
I have alway love nature, and would wanna to visit places regard of that. So looking into a trekking shoes. As it is more prone to rocks/stones, weather and dirt.

Anyone have any to recommend? Photo will be nice :)

SAF gore-tex boots... only $100+ (a few years back)
use your e-mart credit to buy
:think:

Too heavy.. Is Nike ACG shoes good?

Haha, but gotta agree, SAF issued boots rocks (the version before gore-tex, never tried the gore-tex ones before)

Visit http://www.camperscorner.com.sg they have a good range of treking clothings, equipments etc. Should be able to get some sound advice at their shop, its at Capitol building.

If u think u r slightly richer... can try salomon's trekking shoe... one of a kind... they r the ones that makes good skates too...

Actualli wanna to use this shoes for some light trekking at Bukit timah hill or some reservior kinda of place. Not veri intense type.. and it must be withstand the dirty.. I went to see ACG nike, not too bad lo. but anyone better recommendation?

you can't get your shoes too dirty hiking at BT - as long as you stick to the stated paths. if not, you'd make a nuisance of yourself "bashing" a new route.

i was chatting with a nparks officer recently, some people actually create BIG havoc when they tread into places especially where young saplings are meant to have time to regrow, away from treading feet. i hope you are not one of these kinds of people.

any shoe will do. you sounded as if you're even afraid of getting a single grain of sand into your shoe.

i follow the route one.. so u do not have to worry. I am merely asking for recommedation on shoes. Hope that does offend u.

sunkist - try teva sandals if u are into normal (not the intense) trekking. They are more 'airy' than the ACGs and definitely can last u longer.
;)

Well, first of all you have to know what kind of terrain you are going to cover mostly..... if its off the beaten track or unpaved paths, go for high cut shoes..... otherwise if its for lots of street/paved/city/town type walking, low cuts will do fine.

Lots of brands to choose from.....personally I like Clarks

Poblamo
http://www.clarksusa.com/product/Detail.aspx?prodId=20095&Level1=M&scroll=1107&page=1&Level2=1

Attitash
http://www.clarksusa.com/product/Detail.aspx?prodId=20051&Level1=M&scroll=935&page=1&Level2=4

army gortex the best for me being a enduro biker. My boots been thru all terrain with me...forest, mud, river crossing and trekking!
waterproof, comfortable(imo) and no afraid of dirt because can simply splash water to wash off.
but i still wear Teva locally! :bsmilie:

Hi-tec, yes corny sounding.

light, water proof, cheap.

sports shops, peninsula and wad nots... shoes are korean. If you are walking around singapore, nothing much needed lah, i only get fed up when my socks are wet so waterproofing i prefer.

I think any with Grotex material, not so much of brands, maybe even Adidas or their other brand, Soloman.

Status
Not open for further replies.