any good taipei hotel to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
hi there. gg to taipei with my family in dec. anyone can recommend hotels to book? my mom is rather fussy, so perhaps something middle-upper range?

must be
1) ximending
2) near train station

budget ard $200 per night.

was considering (i) rich garden, (ii) riviera and (iii) rainbow. how are these three ar?

TIA

I just came back a few days ago....stay at Fortune Hotel (福君海悦)....10 minutes walk from Taipei Main Station and 台北地下街. Can walk to Ximenting if you want but I guess it will be more than 20minutes....alternatively it's only one stop to Ximen station on blue line subway, cost 20 yen(SGD $0.90).

It is a new hotel. Rate around S$150 include breakfast for 2, not too bad for Taiwan stds, it's almost 5 stars. Here are some snapshots.

DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

wonstar. newer than rainbow and just as convenient. right outside ximending. walking distance to ximen station and camera st is right across the road. was going to stay there again this time but fully booked. posting from taipei fullerton now.

I stayed at Dolamanco Hotel when I was in Taipei in May. Three Star hotel, five star service. The only thing is it's at Da An. Center of Taipei City.

if you are looking at mid-upper range, dun go for Rainbow hotel coz the rooms is like our 2-3* hotel type. The price is from around SGD88-125.
However I simply lurrve that hotel coz its at the best location. Just walk down 30seconds and u'll reach Ah-Zong mian xian *slurp!* and many other good shops :)

Rainbow is good. If you are staying over weekend, normally you will see the celebraties holding their roadshows just outside the hotel. If you are going with your GF. AVOID Watson if you don't want to burn your wallet a bigh hole.
:D

rainbow is only good for the location. other than that, u will find that it is overpriced for what u get.

I was staying at Dolamanco in May and will be staying there again in Dec.

The Feather Filled bed & Pillows
IMG_6417.jpg

The Bathroom with Massage Showerheads
IMG_6424.jpg

TV anyone?
IMG_6425.jpg

A small place for us to leave little items like keys and stuff.
IMG_6420.jpg

Wah! Fullerton Hotel! Boredpluck rich ria! :lovegrin:

ya la. too much money dunno what to do. want to buy lens but no warranty. must spend so end up buying a manfrotto L bracket. :bsmilie:

seriously, ximending hotels are overpriced and rainbow is only good if u not particular abt hotels cos i went there on sunday to use the toilet. got smell in the lift and the words for open n close are in chinese. not good if u are not good in the language.

ya la. too much money dunno what to do. want to buy lens but no warranty. must spend so end up buying a manfrotto L bracket. :bsmilie:

seriously, ximending hotels are overpriced and rainbow is only good if u not particular abt hotels cos i went there on sunday to use the toilet. got smell in the lift and the words for open n close are in chinese. not good if u are not good in the language.

I was talking to a Cab Driver stationed at Song Shan Train Station. He was saying that activities are actually moving from Ximending towards 101. The only place that's still crazy when it comes to activities it's still ShiLin night market. It's pratically PACKED like sardines.

I was talking to a Cab Driver stationed at Song Shan Train Station. He was saying that activities are actually moving from Ximending towards 101. The only place that's still crazy when it comes to activities it's still ShiLin night market. It's pratically PACKED like sardines.

ximending still popular among taipei teenagers. but for tourists, i think shihlin and wufenpu can give better buys for fashion.

thanks guys! :)

my mom has booked Rich Garden at $168 per night incl bfast for double deluxe room. haha.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, IS XIMENDING NEAR THE CAMERA SHOPS ANOT? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i missed raohe. forgot to go then too lazy to go back.

LOL Raohe is good cos they do sell interesting food stuff really good for hot days. :thumbsup: On top of that it's just 5 minutes walk from wu fen pu. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.