Any good shaver to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stress

Sep 5, 2006
Hi Guys
Anyone has a good shaver to recommend? Budget is about $100 to $180.
My current shaver often gives me the nicks and some bad days I get up to 3 nicks. My current shaver is those $50 to $70 type. Don't know whether those slightly better quality ones will minimise the nicks or totally no nicks?
Hope to hear from those who has a die die must have shaver.....
I've done my research and I'm getting very confused:confused:

Appreciate your reviews......

Last edited:
Actually, are these high end shavers able to give you a clean shave compared to the manual blades?

I used a mid range Braun shaver before, but I realised that it could never give as smooth a shave as my Fusion Power.

How often do you have to change the internal blades, and how much would they cost?

Actually I have done my research and contemplated getting a electric shaver more then 3 times in my life. And after all the researching and asking others about it... I am always returning back to 2-3 blade "old fashion" Gillette. No batteries to charge, no problem bringing it oversea to use, don't need to worry blades being too blunt, no repair and maintenance. It also depend on your facial hair....the more corse and thick, they tend to wear down your blades alot faster. And it is still cheaper to replace spare old fashion blades then the one in your electric shaver.

Actually, are these high end shavers able to give you a clean shave compared to the manual blades?

No.
in the manual of my shaver (which was top of line for philips) it says user has to go through a learning curve to use the shaver, as in how to orient the shaver w.r.t. your face to get a good shave. Having said that, after years of practise, which is a period longer than getting a BSc degree, I regret to say I still don't enjoy a clean shave. One possibilityis that if I shave everyday, the remains of the hair is not long enough on the following day to enable the shaver to shave effectively - this is one thign I noticed during some trips which I didn't shave every day and when I shave, its smooth (not my imagination).

i still stick to my faithful Giillette Mach3, it get the job done.

Gillette m3power!

I think nothing shaves as close as a manual blade shave BUT Now that I'm older and more lazy I care less about a baby butt smooth face and don't mind a less close shave for the sake of convenience. If convenience is what you're after I think the best electric shaver is one from the Panasonic Vortex wet/dry series. Just leave it in the shower lather up your face and buzz away. Works great!

n563456423_1678557_6069.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.