Any good place for Parallel Imported Lens?

pixelpanic

May 31, 2018
Things are marked up absurdly high in Singapore...
For instance, I am looking for Sony 24mm 1.8 ZA, even Sony Days promotion still cost 1399SGD....:mad:
I saw online, in HK you can get parallel import lens for only ~9xxSGD.:eek:

This makes me wonder do we have stores selling parallel import stuff to stretch our dollars?:confused:

Yes, they are usually called 'grey sets', or they might say 'shop warranty' (and not local / official warranty)
You still pay a bit of premium for the reseller for bringing the products in

Yes, they are usually called 'grey sets', or they might say 'shop warranty' (and not local / official warranty)
You still pay a bit of premium for the reseller for bringing the products in
Thanks bro,

But do they have a physical store or online online, any recommendation?

Thanks again,
Have a nice day

Hmm haven't gone to the stores lately since Funan closed down... and the previous shop that sells grey sets I went to, Artworkfoto, looks like it's closed as well...

I know there are some shops at the ground floor of Peninsular Shopping Complex (just beside Peninsular Plaza) or Black Market Camera I think at 3rd floor... Or check out online like Lazada or Qoo10. But I haven't bought from these before, hopefully someone with more experience can chip in :)

Things are marked up absurdly high in Singapore...
For instance, I am looking for Sony 24mm 1.8 ZA, even Sony Days promotion still cost 1399SGD....:mad:
I saw online, in HK you can get parallel import lens for only ~9xxSGD.:eek:

This makes me wonder do we have stores selling parallel import stuff to stretch our dollars?:confused:

1) Authenticity of the online website.

2) Foreign exchange. When you said that it only costs $9xx, do you mean after conversion? For overseas purchases, the bank will charge you very lousy rates.

3) For similar parallel imports in Singapore stores, they have huge overhead costs. Hence, their parallel import products may not be highly competitive compared to overseas markets like HK. Note that HK has zero GST.

Many parallel import products are selling close to warrantied set pricing in Singapore.

4) Must call the reputable Singapore photographic shops to enquire the actual selling price. What you see in Sony website is the suggested retail price which is not the actual selling price at the stores.