Any good place for outdoor photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
smurf99 said:
silver.wolf said:
i see :bigeyes: so the settings is abt 100-1000? in order to catch the blur effect of the car?

can i ask, how do i post photos in clubsnap? cos I would like to post some of the photos in the forum to ask for ppl's comments :)

Think you must be confused btw the ISO and the shutter speed.

His shutter should be ard 1" - 30"

smurf99 said:
thanks for yr ideas :thumbsup:

I've tried taking some themes with my friends, (eg. panning, patterns, shapes, buldings, motion blur, reflection) but once i took the photos, I don't know if it is at the right exposure or which angles to take. Just wondering what are the things to look at for a good photo? All suggetions and comments are welcome :D

:D ur questions on "what is a good photo" is a life-long question for all photographers. haha. IMO photography is an art, there is no right or wrong, nice or not nice, because everything is subjective. However, you have to at least make sure that you have thoughts behind each shots and not "anyhow" shoot and call it an art. At the very least, make your photo speaks.

what makes a good photo would be composition and good technicalities (e.g. right exposure, focus, etc)

composition wise u can read up on the one third rule (most used) and the diagonal rule, vertical vs horizontal orientation. However, all these are just going to be guidance, they are just simple rules to make pleasing compositions. Subsquently, you may want to break all of them. hehehe.

regarding what angle to shoot and vantage points, it is closely tied up to the composition technique. sometimes the same subject, you'll take very differently from one time to another, when your thoughts and your mood varies. It takes experience to judge what is good or what is bad. ;)

technicalities would come with good control and understanding of the fundamentals, e.g. Shutter speed, ISO, aperture... and metering the scene well. You can read the basic 101 in this site, I find it an excellent article. Learn to use them to your advantage, use them to what you want to deliver in your picture.

regarding good exposure, again there is no fix rule coz underexposed pictures and overexposed pictures are good art as well. hahaa. but as a general rule a good exposure would be ur subject being exposed well, this means that you have the details seen (not too dark till all becomes black, call shadows clipping, or too bright where bright areas becomes totally white, call highlights clipping)

ok... i hope that helps =)
i'm also learning!

Go MacKenzie Road. Doesn't look like Singapore.

Dilapidated shophouses, nice!

At MacK road end, note there's a alley beside the construction site. Go in, there's another row there! :bigeyes:

smurf99 said:
sorry, may i know where is parkview square? :)

somewhere around bugis junction. is a beautiful building...:thumbsup: inside ever better..... (toilet oso very nice :p )

For those looking for extravagant, oppulent architecture of the 1920s and 1930s, no need to go New York or Las Vegas (themed hotels with themed architecture), go Parkview!!!

dsc77191ru.jpg

smurf99 said:
silver.wolf said:
can i ask, how do i post photos in clubsnap? cos I would like to post some of the photos in the forum to ask for ppl's comments :)

Here are the details for the above:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=94574

or you upload the resized images to another site e.g. photobucket.com

Once you get the link from the other site, copy it and insert the link here, you can check by clicking 'preview post' before you finally 'submit reply'.

Do take your time, enjoy!

3pin said:
Forward, you have posted some very nice pictures here!

I am glad you appreciate the pictures. Here is another one from the beer garden opposite Bugis Junction. I was there for only two minutes and suddenly a young lady came up to me "You are not allow to take pictures here, please delete". Next question she asked, "Where are you from?" :what:

347Empty_Chairs_2-med.jpg

I do believe that the word "Art" has no definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.