Any good photolabs to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaMatin

Apr 21, 2003
Greenary East
Visit site
Hola amigos,

New kid on the block here. I would like to know if there are good and reliable photolabs in Singapore, especially in the south central area.
Appreciate very much your kind response.

Muchas gracias!:)

Originally posted by MikaMatin
Hola amigos,

New kid on the block here. I would like to know if there are good and reliable photolabs in Singapore, especially in the south central area.
Appreciate very much your kind response.

Muchas gracias!:)
:) Hi, I own a lab at Hong Lim Complex Blk 531 @#01-06 upper cross st. is a fuji FDI lab. We give special rate for clubsnap member.
feel free to comeby.

thanks...:)

Originally posted by Tan SK
:) Hi, I own a lab at Hong Lim Complex Blk 531 @#01-06 upper cross st. is a fuji FDI lab. We give special rate for clubsnap member.
feel free to comeby.

:what:

What's the price for negatives and slides and digital prints????

Originally posted by wormz777
:what:

What's the price for negatives and slides and digital prints????

Negative printing.. $0.30 for 4R size with index print
slide printing .. $0.60 for 4R size
digital printing.. $0.30 for 4R size and $0.50 for 5R size. no handling charge.

Pls quote clubsnap when send in for printing...

Thanks & have a nice day...
:)

Any minimum order?

Hi SK, do you do auto correction/cropping for your prints? Could we request to have no correction done?

Originally posted by Newbie123
Any minimum order?

Ooh.. No. any quantity... but must have quality shots....

:p

Originally posted by mpenza
Hi SK, do you do auto correction/cropping for your prints? Could we request to have no correction done?

We will do colour correction manually as what we see in the monitor. Our monitor is calibrated to the printing machine, so we can get at least 90% of what we see in the monitor to the actual printout.

u can request for no colour correction but the printout will be different from what u see in your monitor unless your monitor is adjusted to our monitor.

I dont mind to print for you on the spot to see the differents..... so you can understand how the system works.......

:light:

We will do colour correction manually as what we see in the monitor. Our monitor is calibrated to the printing machine, so we can get at least 90% of what we see in the monitor to the actual printout.

u can request for no colour correction but the printout will be different from what u see in your monitor unless your monitor is adjusted to our monitor.

I dont mind to print for you on the spot to see the differents..... so you can understand how the system works.......

:light:
Wah good service lay.. Hard to come across such lab now.

feel free to comeby.

Got number to contact?

can try stanley lim at midlink plaza
thats somewhere between sim lim and bugis, opposite nanyang academy of ine arts, middle road area. near the chinese temple.

very happy with my pics quality and they charge 30 cents for 4r and 2.5 fr processing if u quote clubsnap.

with luck can pick up some tips abt shooting also (can also kena suan lah!)\digital prices i duno
give them a call
122 middle road #02-03 midlink plaza

Just to add a kaypoh comment lah...

If you send digital prints for larger-than-4R size printing on a Frontier, for goodness sake don't send 1024x768 and expect the poor lab to generate 8R without grainy. I came across a friend of mine who did that (she's in the north) and still complain so much....
Had to :kok: her! Then again, she took her shots on some old thingie Camedia C1400.... :what:

Originally posted by Azure
Just to add a kaypoh comment lah...

If you send digital prints for larger-than-4R size printing on a Frontier, for goodness sake don't send 1024x768 and expect the poor lab to generate 8R without grainy. I came across a friend of mine who did that (she's in the north) and still complain so much....
Had to :kok: her! Then again, she took her shots on some old thingie Camedia C1400.... :what:

The Res to too low for 8R print mah. That why the photo not sharp

Tan SK: Hi, is there any benefit supplying a file with pixel dimensions exceeding 300ppi for a particular print output size for the frontier machine? (i.e 6MP 3000x2000 for a 4R vs a 6MP downsampled to 1800x1200)

If we are to perform any sharpening, it should be optimized for 300ppi right?

Or to put it another way, what are the optimal resolutions for each print size?

Some info on this:
http://home.cinci.rr.com/creek/frontier_resize.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.