any good otah in sg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
hello..

i'm just wondering if sg got nice otah. i grew up in eating otah from muar in msia. those who've ate muar otah can vouch for it!
and i haven't eaten anything better in sg before. just wondering if i'm missing anything here!

No idea about muar otah, but some nonya style otah taste quite good. Try Lee Wee Brothers
http://www.leeweebrothers.com/

They have few outlets island wide. I know 1 at old airport road hawker centre, the other at jurong east ave 2 hawker centre. Sorry I cant remember what block number, but I do know how to go there by car.

No idea about muar otah, but some nonya style otah taste quite good. Try Lee Wee Brothers
http://www.leeweebrothers.com/

They have few outlets island wide. I know 1 at old airport road hawker centre, the other at jurong east ave 2 hawker centre. Sorry I cant remember what block number, but I do know how to go there by car.

hey bro.
i've tried it a couple of times, at the shop at old airport road and catering as well. but sorry, it doesn't come close at all.. i'm doing my research for the best otah in sg!

I'd tried those from:
Hiang Soon Food Catering
261 Jalan Kayu
Opening Hours: 9am- 5pm

Can buy the raw meat from them and spread on bread. Then toast them together in oven. Shiok! ;p;p;p

Don't neglect the white meat ones too! ;p

Check the one at Joo Chiat Road. Cannot remember the shop name but it is located a few shops before the Joo Chiat/Dunman Road junction (on the left side of Joo Chiat Road if you look toward Dunman Road).

hello..

i'm just wondering if sg got nice otah. i grew up in eating otah from muar in msia. those who've ate muar otah can vouch for it!
and i haven't eaten anything better in sg before. just wondering if i'm missing anything here!

Yes Muah otar very sedap!

Check the one at Joo Chiat Road. Cannot remember the shop name but it is located a few shops before the Joo Chiat/Dunman Road junction (on the left side of Joo Chiat Road if you look toward Dunman Road).
Mackeral.

../azul123

I'd tried those from:
Hiang Soon Food Catering
261 Jalan Kayu
Opening Hours: 9am- 5pm

Can buy the raw meat from them and spread on bread. Then toast them together in oven. Shiok! ;p;p;p

Don't neglect the white meat ones too! ;p

This one is surely good! :thumbsup:

I can't find anything here that can qualify to be great. I usually get my fix when I am in JB. It is located at one of the coner shop lot at Jalan Storey. Right across the abandon Pacific Mall shopping complex. It is easy to locate now as one of the exit from the JB checkpoint leads you straight there. At least 30 years history. I will be in a state of trance when i combine their Otah (or Otak) with the nasi lemak.

My neighbor wife is a Muar-ian, so i used to lonpang them to buy for us when they visited their parent in Muar,
they came back from Muar yesterday for CNY, so i got my delicious Ah Guan's otak-otak again from Muar.:bsmilie:

Last time was RM4.50 but now they are selling at RM5.00 for a pack of 200 gm,to date, i can't find any otak-otak in sg which is as delicious as this one frm Muar.

You can cook this otak-otak in few manner ;)
1. steam :bigeyes:
2. fried with egg
3. fried together with bitter gough
4. fried with big onion
5. fried with yellow or red chili
6. fried with tomato
7. fried with Maggi mee

Nam San Food. 267 Joo Chiat rd. yes, mackerel otahs! www.namsan-otah.com

If those ppl who have ate muar otah cannot find nice otah here, that sounds like good news. Stay tune!

When the Muar otak does come down south to Singapore, I hope the price will be "Malaysian" prices along with the good taste. Look forward to it.

When the Muar otak does come down south to Singapore, I hope the price will be "Malaysian" prices along with the good taste. Look forward to it.

haha.. coming down to south also need petrol and work what. i don't think it's viable, but of course something can be worked out!

Hi friends,

as i know, otak2 selling in the market mostly are import from Muar. of course some are nice and some taste different.

i always bring the otak2 back from Muar for my colleagues/friends, they just like it. :eek:

btw, my hometown in Muar.

Try otahs by Kim Choo, at Katong. Nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.