any good music school to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well....

if u really want to learn wiht the correct/proper lines, than u need to start with classic guitar first. Why classic ? coz it will teach u the basic which very important when u want to play wiht good result. Learn fingering.....everyday at least 30 min...then learn and practice scale... (harmony, major, minor, pentatonic)....also 30 min and the last is learn ur ear...star ur cd or tape...try to find the chord or lick that u like.

classic ---> pratice scale --> practive fingering --> practice ear will turn u to become good musician....

if u dont like classic (like me)...u can quit after u finish the basic foundation (fingering and grip concept, basic scale and harmony) then move on with other type of music, e.g rock.

anyway,
i'm a bass player (jazz style)... i learn the basic for fingering and basic scale for 1 year (full year)...before my teacher let me to play other scale or songs.

cheers,
Andre

Originally posted by andre
well....

if u really want to learn wiht the correct/proper lines, than u need to start with classic guitar first. Why classic ? coz it will teach u the basic which very important when u want to play wiht good result. Learn fingering.....everyday at least 30 min...then learn and practice scale... (harmony, major, minor, pentatonic)....also 30 min and the last is learn ur ear...star ur cd or tape...try to find the chord or lick that u like.

classic ---> pratice scale --> practive fingering --> practice ear will turn u to become good musician....

if u dont like classic (like me)...u can quit after u finish the basic foundation (fingering and grip concept, basic scale and harmony) then move on with other type of music, e.g rock.

anyway,
i'm a bass player (jazz style)... i learn the basic for fingering and basic scale for 1 year (full year)...before my teacher let me to play other scale or songs.

cheers,
Andre

my question still haven't answer leh. :(

Originally posted by ninelives

my question still haven't answer leh. :(

hehehe :) sorry... to excited to answer ur thread coz i miss music thing here in singapore .... hehehe...

go to yamaha, the standard is quite ok or christophorus (spell wrongly i think) the one at funan also not bad.

But if u want to strum like firehouse.... better finished ur classic fast, then switch to rock or country line for better strum.

-Andre

most common is Yamaha at plaza sing loh.. can opt for 1 to 1 lesson i think...

another will be cristofori music.

nowadays also many pple offering to teach at ur place.. 1 to 1.. ard $30 per hour.. u can check out the singnet classads under music..

or u can choose to learn it by urself. i did tat.. started learning on a folk guitar.. then move up to electric. but gave up playing liao cos stuck.. dunno wats the next step to move to.... best to have someone to guide u! ;)

u can go to www.harmonycentral.com to take a look at the lesson others post up!

ROCK ON!!

Originally posted by hackie
most common is Yamaha at plaza sing loh.. can opt for 1 to 1 lesson i think...

another will be cristofori music.

nowadays also many pple offering to teach at ur place.. 1 to 1.. ard $30 per hour.. u can check out the singnet classads under music..

or u can choose to learn it by urself. i did tat.. started learning on a folk guitar.. then move up to electric. but gave up playing liao cos stuck.. dunno wats the next step to move to.... best to have someone to guide u! ;)

u can go to www.harmonycentral.com to take a look at the lesson others post up!

ROCK ON!!

based on experience... usually for basic its better u go to music school coz they already have standard specially the sillabus is international standard like yamaha for example...yamaha follow the spanish classical line....so if u ever learn at yamaha...the classic line usually from basic to spanish style...

u can go for private teacher... after u finish the basic. why?? coz usually the private teacher dont have any standard (int'l) the standard is himself...so for basic is not that good, but for medium to advance if u go for private teacher, u can learn the style and the lick better then learn from music school.

-Andre

Originally posted by LifeWorld
I studied music in Yamaha Music School.
Find out what type of student have produced :
LifeWorld

wah not bad ah....producing ur own music...hmmm...me also wanna learn....juz wanna learn...a frienz of mine wanna start band or something like tt....emo punk...den maybe i can learn....how much izzit ah ah yamaha?....anyone happen to know how much a second-hand guitar cost?

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5

wah not bad ah....producing ur own music...hmmm...me also wanna learn....juz wanna learn...a frienz of mine wanna start band or something like tt....emo punk...den maybe i can learn....how much izzit ah ah yamaha?....anyone happen to know how much a second-hand guitar cost?
aquariu5, your friend wanted to form a band?? then ask him to teach u lor.

I used to learn at echomusic and the teacher was very good and also patient with me. If interested can check out the course at http://www.echomusic.com.sg/

Goodness!!! this qn was asked in 2002!!!!

:eek:

You are surprised that the same question is asked again
after 6 years.

What ahout when the same question was asked again and again
more than a thousand time since 1950? Why are you not surprised?

You should know what that question is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gracious society wish we can look from the other point of view.
"An artist never really finishes his work; he merely
abandons it." - Paul Valery

;):)

People digging out old threads, with single first post, with links? Hmmm.

You are surprised that the same question is asked again
after 6 years.

What ahout when the same question was asked again and again
more than a thousand time since 1950? Why are you not surprised?

You should know what that question is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gracious society wish we can look from the other point of view.
"An artist never really finishes his work; he merely
abandons it." - Paul Valery

;):)

You got me wrong dear, I didn't say "I was surprised that the same question was asked again". I was surprised that someone dig up an old thread and answered a question.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.