Any good middle range Digital Cam to recommend and where to get 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.

becksboi

Jun 7, 2006
Looking for around 5mp digital cam..heard canon and olympus are good..any models to recommend and where can I get it?

budget? u prefer new or used?

recommend: canon A520, canon g3, canon s1 or s2 IS

budget around 500 bucks? Used? nah..think i prefer to go for a brand new one..anyway is casio good? coz their models are quite sleek and slim but dunno the functions and durability are as good..Any shops to recommend?

Dun get casio.. ;p

Mini and slim usually dun go along with good pic quality.. If u consider middle range should aim for better pic quality right?

u could try the kodak dual lens cam if u want a compact cam.. most probably can get it at cathay photo (peninsula plaza) or alan photo (sim lim square)..

Ohh oki..I m actually considering the Canon Ixus 65..dunno whether its good or nt..need u guys' advise..or any other brands? I heard nikon nt tat good also..hehz..

ohh..yes..picture quality definitely is the top priority..anyway 5mp is good enuff alrdy right? ohh ya..LCd screen size is another factor also..saw tat sony T30..wow..3" LCD

Kodak dual lenz huh..wow!! think dual is the latest trend in the electronics world huh..is it good? coz to me..i onli Kodak name on films and photo papers..hahahaa..pardon mi for my ignorance..:bigeyes:

Just my 2 cts worth if u are considering photo quality..

More megapixels does not necessarily mean better quality hor.. just get enough megapixels for your printing needs will do. 5mp will be enough to print up to 8R without losing out much to higher megapixel cams.

Dun be seduced by bigger LCD size as it has nothing to do with the photo quality. Bigger is nice though.. ;)

U should consider Kodak dual lens V570 only if u really really really need the 23mm wide angle. Else, my experience with kodak cam is that interface is not as user friendly and their best jpeg quality still has too much compresssion done.

If I were looking for cams with your budget I'd look at Canon A530, A540, A700, Panasonic LZ3, LZ5, Pentax W10 (waterproof!), ... dun quite like the current lower range nikons and olympus.. ;p

alright..hmm it seems canon and olympus cams r probably the better ones yeah? i m very interested in the canon ixus series..and would prolly get 'em..but one more question is where do i get 'em..coz i noe the price wont be a very big difference but wat packages could the retailers offers..anyone has any good deals to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.