Any good methods to pack dslr camera into backpack for travelling?

alvinzzq

Oct 31, 2010
Hi all,

wondering how you guys pack ur dslr camera into ur backpack for travelling purposes.
just got my dslr camera and going overseas in a few day time, tot of bringing it along but do not wish to carry the sling bag given by canon, any good advices on how to protect and yet easy to bring it out

Thanks in advance!! :p

It was discussed here a number of times already....Maybe you can do a search!

It was discussed here a number of times already....Maybe you can do a search!

Sorry about that! , will try to search around then =)

Hi all,

wondering how you guys pack ur dslr camera into ur backpack for travelling purposes.
just got my dslr camera and going overseas in a few day time, tot of bringing it along but do not wish to carry the sling bag given by canon, any good advices on how to protect and yet easy to bring it out

get a domke wrap...I put my 50D without battery grip and attached 17-40L without hood in it
then put it in your backpack

get a camera insert pouch from Orient Photo at SL. Its $25... good enough for protecting one DSLR and one-two lens.. or bring alot of clothing to insert in between the camera and lens... keke.. :)

Last edited:
you should be able to put your camera in your backpack (on top of your things) . . . have a cushion (a shirt or towel) below as support . . .

alternatively, get a camera backpack bag. :)

Carefully.

Not too close to used underwear and not too deep inside for any quick unpacking .. or customs check :)

A bit more troublesome way is to put your camera slingbag into your backpack. It does take up quite a bit of space that way but then this set-up gives you the option to take only your camera slingbag with you. Since you mentioned travel, let's say you're going to the hotel lobby for a meal. You'd like your cam with you but the backpack will be cumbersome while carrying the cam without a bag isn't exactly safe. So at least you have the slingbag. That's my thinking though.

Wow..u guys are great! That is a lot of methods to use haha... so my final setup is made up of a neoprene camera pouch to hold the entire camera with the 18-55kit ...then place it carefully on top of layers of clothings, far away from all used underwears, placed clothings between the extra lens n the covered camera :):D

Sorry cannot fit in the camera insert, camera backpack, domke pack, pack a sling bag (cos my free Canon messenger is kinda big) :p

Last edited:
save the hassle by buying a camera bagpack?

Usually I just wrap around those kind of cloth ppl use to wipe their feet after thty come out of the bathroom... Just make sure that the cloth is washed cleanly first :D

Hi all,

Is your backpack going to be with you everywhere you go? If not, then bring the sling bag along. Better still, dicth the Canon bag and get a 5M Crumpler.