Any good method to hold reflector if 3rd person not available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priscilia

Deregistered
Jun 20, 2006
Harlow...:)

My gf and I sometimes go out and do our own photo shoots on each other [yes, we are the humble models ourselves! :embrass: ]. The problem is, without a third person, we can't use a reflector to add some light to the face.

Anyone can kindly recommend me a novel way to do this? Do they sell any equipment to help hold the reflector and can be set up conveniently?

I read about using studio reflector stand but are there any other ways? Don't mind carrying an extra equipment but not too bulky and heavy...

Thank u!

Think the light stand and reflector holder combo is about as small/light a package i've seen. Might want to be careful about using it in windy conditions without a sandbag or person on standby.

http://www.adorama.com/AED705B.html - reflector holder.

i can volunteer myself! :p

hah. kidding. yup. there are reflector holders and light stands to help. i think ruby or cathay photo will have these accessories.

alexj said:
Think the light stand and reflector holder combo is about as small/light a package i've seen. Might want to be careful about using it in windy conditions without a sandbag or person on standby.

http://www.adorama.com/AED705B.html - reflector holder.

seem like will be heavy...

i got another suggestion, get a tripod.

fix the camera on the tripod, then either use remote shutter release, about 2m or longer length one, or use timer.

then u are free to hold the reflector already. and the shots would be as steady as it would be.

The easiest thing to do is clamp the reflector to the head of a tripod (which you probably already own). There are a couple of major drawbacks with this though, first, if there is any wind whatsoever the whole thing becomes useless and secondly movements are limited by the flexibility and trength of your tripod head.

Usually tie to the tripod, or else if I taking my wife, she will hold it herself. Haha. :bsmilie: Then she will say so troublesome then she don't want to take anymore. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.