Any good free/pay Photography hosting website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys

Is there any good free or pay photography website?

My requirements are quite simple:
1) Able to have separate category with gallery
2) Preferably have some slideshow ability
3) Good connection speed
4) Good amt of storage space since i wanna upload quite a bit
5) Ease of use

TIA:)

P.S. I dont mind paying if it's really good.

I like flickr, but what do you mean by #1? Like categorising your photographs?

Some prefer pbase or smugmug :)
Check them out! :D

Thanks Adamadam, #1 means able to have different album for different pictures.

Hi guys

Is there any good free or pay photography website?

My requirements are quite simple:
1) Able to have separate category with gallery
2) Preferably have some slideshow ability
3) Good connection speed
4) Good amt of storage space since i wanna upload quite a bit
5) Ease of use

TIA:)

P.S. I dont mind paying if it's really good.

Picasa Web Album...free for a limited space (over 1 GB), if need more, small annual fee. Can categorize pics by albums...can upload a whole album at a time...can upload videos too. And yes, has slideshow ability. Probably not the best out there but easy to use. I use the free Picasa program to organize my photos...uploading my pics to the picasa web album is hassle free.

i like flickr, and i think the functions are quite extensive. The only quirk is the speed... but not sure how it compares to the other providers though.

i like flickr, and i think the functions are quite extensive. The only quirk is the speed... but not sure how it compares to the other providers though.
understand that flickr has some limitations like only show latest 200 pics?

Pbase is fast, good, and relatively cheap. easy to use, however, no slide show capability.
Looking at some sample Pbase album from CS members.. looks like what i want, except for the slideshow ability... will explore more, thanks:p

Flickr FTW! Pay for a pro account, unltd storage. it's US$47 for 2 years. If u are a high volume user, i would reccommend it. I'm currently using it now. Uploading and organisation of ur pictures are really quick and easy. Very well established community as well. =D Speed is actually fine! I use juploadr to upload my pics. Drag and drop and hit upload. Voila!

I use smugmug.. and it's really great.. not free, but I like the user interface and ease of use.. very intuitive for your friends/family to browse around... and there's unlimited storage, photos can be up to 8MB, and if u take the pro account u can have video too..

and i can get u a $5 discount with this coupon code: gEnzsUWSnS3oo

i tried fotki, flickr, photobucket.. and i think smugmug is still the best.

Flickr FTW! Pay for a pro account, unltd storage. it's US$47 for 2 years. If u are a high volume user, i would reccommend it. I'm currently using it now. Uploading and organisation of ur pictures are really quick and easy. Very well established community as well. =D Speed is actually fine! I use juploadr to upload my pics. Drag and drop and hit upload. Voila!
i dont mind paying US$47 for 2 years if it's good and convienent to use. Perhaps you can link your site if possible? Or send me the link through PM to take a look?

By upgrading to pro account, it will take care of the 200 pic quota right?

I use smugmug.. and it's really great.. not free, but I like the user interface and ease of use.. very intuitive for your friends/family to browse around... and there's unlimited storage, photos can be up to 8MB, and if u take the pro account u can have video too..

and i can get u a $5 discount with this coupon code: gEnzsUWSnS3oo

i tried fotki, flickr, photobucket.. and i think smugmug is still the best.
I looked at it but it doesnt seems to offer what i have.. i think Flickr is closer to what i have in mind.. maybe just try the free one b4 i decide if wanna change to PRO account :p

Personally, I also use smugmug.com. I think it is very good site.

The smugsmug.com meet all your 5 criterias and some more the storage is unlimited.

Personally, I also use smugmug.com. I think it is very good site.

The smugsmug.com meet all your 5 criterias and some more the storage is unlimited.
I must admit that smugmug's gallery looks much better.. also has an option for selling pics (i doubt i ever will LOL).

I must admit that smugmug's gallery looks much better.. also has an option for selling pics (i doubt i ever will LOL).
oops just realised the PRO account i saw on smugmug is USD149.95/year... out of my league...

oops just realised the PRO account i saw on smugmug is USD149.95/year... out of my league...

wow... :what:

personally using flickr pro as my gallery. very easy uploading. so far, no problems with the viewing even when i'm browsing during peak times.

haha.. that's really for the pros to sell pics... can just use the standard or power accounts..

power accounts have video, and the ability to use css to customise your entire site (except the content part)...

standard accounts just allow unlimited photos, no video, and u can't customise.. but their pre-designed themes aren't too bad... i couldn't be bothered to go fiddle with the programming so i took the standard account...

i like flickr for the strong photographic community.. but i find smugmug more for me, coz i share my photos alot with friends/family.. so i like my site to be user-friendly and organised for them..

ya.. i think i might maintain 2... one for portfolio/critic (only the better shots), one for file-sharing (whole series).

Status
Not open for further replies.