Any Good Flash For D70 to Intro???

Status
Not open for further replies.

guowei82

Mar 24, 2004
Wanted to get a ext flash but don't know which 1 to get.....any good flash to intro???

Beachboy said:
get SB800 :thumbsup:

or SB600 if your budget tight
Get the Sb-800 :)

I think a lot of people bought that too :)

yar... get the SB-800 !! hahahahhah its worth the $$ buy buy !!! great flash.. got Battery pack lehz... reduce recycling time... ahahhaa :bsmilie:

Not that it matters for most, but i just found out that Quantum Turbo C only has cables available to connect with SB800 and not SB600.
I think other brands may be the same too.

Get the SB800, I got mine from TCW a few weeks ago, with surprising good results. I tried the flash on the spot with the D70 lense kit, and the subject matter was just 2 feet away...WOW!!!...really impressed with the results.

Furthermore it comes together with a diffuser dome, flash stand (for multiple flash exposure), 2 gelatin filters and also a spare battery holder (i.e. instead of the normal 4 batteries, you will be using 5 batteries).

Give it a try, you will love it. And it is compatible with other nikon bodies, I have tried it on my F5 and F4 and D2H (not mine : ( unfortunately...arghhhh!!). Save up and get the SB800

Actually, there's only really the SB800 and SB600 to choose from right? SB800 :cool:

I intend to get one for my self ,how much does it cost and what are the items that come togather? :)
Milos said:
Get the SB800, I got mine from TCW a few weeks ago, with surprising good results. I tried the flash on the spot with the D70 lense kit, and the subject matter was just 2 feet away...WOW!!!...really impressed with the results.

Furthermore it comes together with a diffuser dome, flash stand (for multiple flash exposure), 2 gelatin filters and also a spare battery holder (i.e. instead of the normal 4 batteries, you will be using 5 batteries).

Give it a try, you will love it. And it is compatible with other nikon bodies, I have tried it on my F5 and F4 and D2H (not mine : ( unfortunately...arghhhh!!). Save up and get the SB800

Milos said:

Slight OT: You would actually loss the high speed sync function on Nikon film bodies if you use the SB-800, but this is a minor point. :D

nikor_d said:
I intend to get one for my self ,how much does it cost and what are the items that come togather? :)

I got mine for 600. You will get the flash ;), the fifth battery compartment, 2 gelatin filters (in a cute little white box), diffusion dome, one flash stand/holder (you can attach 3 flash unit to this little bugger!!) , flash bag (enough to hold all the above items) i.e. the standard package for SB800.

BTW...check out the D2H on display.....drroooolllll,.....drrroooollllll

slight OT - nikor_d...GO GO GO GO GO...and BUY BUY BUY... er...er...only the SB800 will ya.... if you do get the D2H....he he he.. we can go out more often... he he he

justarius said:
Slight OT: You would actually loss the high speed sync function on Nikon film bodies if you use the SB-800, but this is a minor point. :D

Not much actually...can;t really remember the actual loss in the high speed sync function :dunno: . but I think more the sufficient for your everyday photography... still have the SB28 for the F5 and F4.. ;)

justarius said:

What high speed synch of the Nikon film bodies? The D70 hits 1/500.. that about the highest? or are you referring to FP synch..

gadrian said:
What high speed synch of the Nikon film bodies? The D70 hits 1/500.. that about the highest? or are you referring to FP synch..

thinks he is refering to the FP sync on other film bodies... btw ...usual place tonight?

nope... should be compatible with all nikon film based SLR..

Cyberian said:
Err.. just like to know 1 more thing.. Is SB800 compatitable with flim SLR? Any draw back if use with film SLR?

Yes it is.. No there are none.. I use it with the F90x, F80, F4 and F5.. no problemo..

Status
Not open for further replies.