Any good earphone to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoelse

Oct 17, 2003
Something from free to $100 hehe. Dunwan headphone.
Sound is more important regardless of brand :)

May be over your budget of $100 but the Etymotic ER6i is really good.

I recently compared it with the Shure E2C and found the ER6i to have much better transients and clarity. The E2Cs are too subdued for my taste.

I got those Shure's E2C's....I will never change brands again (for now that is of course :D)....Shure has even better buds, but this one was pretty affordable.

They cost around 80 euro's, so that will prolly be to expensive...but if you want nice buds, with awesome sound, this one is the thing....

DikkieD said:
I got those Shure's E2C's....I will never change brands again (for now that is of course :D)....Shure has even better buds, but this one was pretty affordable.

They cost around 80 euro's, so that will prolly be to expensive...but if you want nice buds, with awesome sound, this one is the thing....

agree :thumbsup:

Well i hope you enjoyed the read. Remember, one man's meat is another's poison. :) People's tastes and ideas as to how music should sound is different. ;)

Waffle said:
Sony MDR-EX71SL
Panasonic RP-HJE50
Philips SHE9500
Cresyn LMX-E630RL
Creative EP630

actually, just head over to the thread-link below and read for yourself:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?p=16579264#post16579264

personally, ive used the Sonys and am currently using the Panasonics, i love both.

I have used both the Sony & Panasonic. The strange thing is on paper spec the Panasonic seems more superior, cheaper too. But in the real world when using, the Sony seems to have better bass reproduction. Really.

It also depends on your music player how rich & bassful the sound it can produce. The headphone jack wat is the output? How many milliwatt? iRiver H10 5gb/6gb is the best coz headphone jack chun out 18milliwatts. Bass is really good when used with Sony EX71SL. Plus tune the SRSWOW surround to your liking... Nothing beats this 2 item combo. I think it's better than iPod even.

I sold away my iRiver H10 & bought Creative Zen Vision, thinking it can marry MP3, video player, photo vault, photo viewer all in one. But using it as an MP3 player sucks big time. The same piece of music previously sound so good in my iRiver now sounds like **** on this player. Think maybe the headphone output is 10milliwatts. The sound is jarring too. Lousy.

I am going to buy back an iRiver H10 5gb as a music player, this Creative Zen Vision solely use as a photo viewer / vault.

wrx_sti_22b said:
I have used both the Sony & Panasonic. The strange thing is on paper spec the Panasonic seems more superior, cheaper too. But in the real world when using, the Sony seems to have better bass reproduction. Really.

i agree with you on this, i still prefer the Sonys but after they died on me after 2 years, i thought i'd look for something a little different and so i bought the Panas after strong recommendations from everywhere. plus it was relatively cheap so i thought i might as well just try it.

so far so good. but yes, i do agree that the Sonys do have better bass reproduction, the bass on the Panas sound a little flat. but well, for the price, it's a solid earpiece.

Waffle said:
i agree with you on this, i still prefer the Sonys but after they died on me after 2 years, i thought i'd look for something a little different and so i bought the Panas after strong recommendations from everywhere. plus it was relatively cheap so i thought i might as well just try it.

so far so good. but yes, i do agree that the Sonys do have better bass reproduction, the bass on the Panas sound a little flat. but well, for the price, it's a solid earpiece.

yah sony one got better bass...

serious recomendation are the AKG K14P earbuds. These have amazing highs, but lack in bass department. Highly recomended for classical. :thumbsup:

Perhaps you may want to consider the newly released Seinheiser CX300 which costs around S$120/-. I have been using the Sony EX71 for a year plus until they died on me recently. I upped my budget and got the CX300. After a week of usage, all i can say is that the CX300 is much much better than the Sony. I can now hear sounds and instruments that were all 'mixed' with the Sony. The sound quality, bass etc is better too...

I used the Sony MDR-EX71SL for a short time, i find it fatigue to hear for long periods. The sound seems to sharp for me. I changed to Seinheiser MX500 and lived happily ever after...;)

I have used the shures and am using westones now. I swear they are the sweetest sounding earbuds~ they sound neutral, no exaggerated bass as I like it :)

Redstar202 said:
Perhaps you may want to consider the newly released Seinheiser CX300 which costs around S$120/-. I have been using the Sony EX71 for a year plus until they died on me recently. I upped my budget and got the CX300. After a week of usage, all i can say is that the CX300 is much much better than the Sony. I can now hear sounds and instruments that were all 'mixed' with the Sony. The sound quality, bass etc is better too...

Oh really... Ok, shall try this SENNHEISER CX300 earphones when i buy my iRiver H10, saw it on Ebay at abt S$87.40. Not too expensive. Will try.

If you dont mind clip-on's you can try the Koss KSC-75 or KSC-55's.. best value for $$ Shloud be about $50 for a set. Currently using them an will buy another set if and when this one goes kaput..

heard CX300 wire tube is lousy quality like the Sony EX71. i have the ER6, great pair of phones! :thumbsup:

if you want cheap but good ones nonetheless, can get sennheiser mx450, around 29.99 or thereabouts at apple shops

i have an extra pair (never used, still in box), can let it go for 20bucks

actually i am using this sony ...cant remember wat model that i got for 20 bucks..... got it after my creative one got spoilt (the organic one that comes with the mp3 players)...personally i feel that the sony one gives clearer sounds leh...hahahah

sennheiser for me!!! the highest quality ones ive heard and have, but dont get the cheap ones as mentioned before, their ok, but not great compared to the 100 plus range. You pay for what you get remember

Drudkh said:
heard CX300 wire tube is lousy quality like the Sony EX71. i have the ER6, great pair of phones! :thumbsup:

But the ER-6 is sooo expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.