any good ear phones to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Mar 17, 2002
north
Visit site
am looking to get some good ear phones.

have seen boss, panasonic, shure...anyone use them and find them good?

the top end panasonic though is at 199, the frenquency range and power all lower than the 59 dollar one...how come?

thanks

Someone once told me, "Trust ur own ears."

The specs stated on paper are simply meaningless numbers which doesn't translate into exactly what YOUR EARS hear.

Hop over to Jaben at Adelphi, bring ur own MP3/CD Player, test the various earphones there and trust urself. I'm satisfied with my Westone UM1 (no money for the UM2s or custom ear moulds UM56 though).

i'm using sennheiser earphone...the green colour for sports one...very good sound
shud cost around 70+ - 80

What's your budget?
There are some online reviews on earphones. One thing for sure is to buy those in-ear buds models (instead of the normal earphones) - it cuts out external noise so you get a better music experience.

i trust my own ears but my ears dun get d chance 2 try them out... :sweat:

i trust my own ears but my ears dun get d chance 2 try them out... :sweat:

I used open-backed headphones instead. That's before I don't like the enclosed feel of earphones... Also, the small enclosure in your head distorts the sound.

So, I use the Sennheiser PX100. Fantastic sound and detail. Some recommend the Koss Porta Pro. Try them out... just for fun if nothing else. :)

Definitely try them out. You can do it a Jaben Aldephi or Stereo Electronics Causeway Point. While at Jaben maybe can try the Crossroads MylarOne which is said to offer better sound than the OVC TC20. I find the Senn CX300 to be better than the OVC TC20.

What's your budget?
There are some online reviews on earphones. One thing for sure is to buy those in-ear buds models (instead of the normal earphones) - it cuts out external noise so you get a better music experience.

i thought to spend up to abt 200 if they are good...as in clarity and sound quality etc. i find my panasonic though produce good sound tends to just make it louder and more bassy.

i have tried the shure E3 or is it c3??
e sound seen soso only for a 200 earphone. i plan to buy in ear type.

Are you looking for the earbuds type or those headphone types(like hairband kind)?

The best I've used is the Koss PortaPro. Very very good this one.

I've just sold the UM2s I got as a gift (I feel dirty selling a gift, so I'm gonna buy it back eventually). Anyway, I'm absolutely satisfied with the sound. With a proper amplifier the soundstaging was amazing. Great highs, tight bass. I think I'll be going for the UM1s (till I buy back the UM2s of course) since I love the UM2 sound so much. I helped my brother buy the UE Super.fi3s, but I haven't tried it. From what I've heard, the SF3 and 5 sound much muddier than the UM1s and UM2s, so I'd recommend the Westones. If you're going lower than that in terms of price, try the Sony MDR-EX85/90, Sennheiser CX300, and Creative EP630.

I've just sold the UM2s I got as a gift (I feel dirty selling a gift, so I'm gonna buy it back eventually). Anyway, I'm absolutely satisfied with the sound. With a proper amplifier the soundstaging was amazing. Great highs, tight bass. I think I'll be going for the UM1s (till I buy back the UM2s of course) since I love the UM2 sound so much. I helped my brother buy the UE Super.fi3s, but I haven't tried it. From what I've heard, the SF3 and 5 sound much muddier than the UM1s and UM2s, so I'd recommend the Westones. If you're going lower than that in terms of price, try the Sony MDR-EX85/90, Sennheiser CX300, and Creative EP630.
UM1 vs UM2. The difference is there coupled with a good amp.

but most times Panasonic, Sony, etc can try out meh? :dunno:

Are you looking for the earbuds type or those headphone types(like hairband kind)?

The best I've used is the Koss PortaPro. Very very good this one.

Koss PortaPro and Sennheiser PX100 are very close in quality and price. The former sounds bassier... so good for pop and rock. I prefer the PX100 because of the kind of music I listen to (jazz and classical). But both are good. :)

Koss is one of the best bang for the buck.

Stereo Electronics good place to go to. Just pop in, say your budget, and select a few to listen. Pick the one which you more prefer, in terms of comfort, sound quality, sound isolation and price.

today i tried the shure E2c and the UM2. for a 450 earphone...the UM2 looks more like a cheapo road side 2 dollar earphone. i was really surprised by the look of it.

today i tried the shure E2c and the UM2. for a 450 earphone...the UM2 looks more like a cheapo road side 2 dollar earphone. i was really surprised by the look of it.
Reminds me, dat time I was at Kino Taka buying some magazines. As I handed the mags to the lady, I dug out my UM1 and let it rest on my chest, the lady took a hard look at it and when she was passing me my magazines, asked me if those are earphones..... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.