Any good digital models to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom81

Nov 16, 2004
Looking to buy a new digital camera.(at least 3mp, 3Xopitical zoom) Any good digital models to recommend? :dunno:

On a personal note, I'll avoid Sony consumer models. The prosumer models still ok.

But it was a personal bad experience with equipment failure (the CCD costs $235 to replace on my DSC-P72). Mine might be juz an isolated case of equipment failure juz 3 dayz after warranty expired cos I'm pretty rough with it, snow, rain, sun and what have you.

U might wanna look at Canon Ixus or Nikon Coolpix.

Check out www.dpreview.com for more reviews.

So far i tried my friend's Sony P8 and Pansonic DMC-F1. Didn't produce quite good quality pictures compare to my other friend's A70. :think:

Thread moved to Newbies Corner :)

What is your budget? Preferred brand?

my brother's sony P-10 was not able to produce sharp images....
when it broke down, my brother sent it for a quotation on the repair charges only about 2 months back.....
sony quoted $400 !!!!! i dun know what thing spoil, but $400 repair charges ????
i might as well buy a new one.... which my brother did... he got a coolpix 5200...

i recently got the sony DSC-W1... have been very happy with it....

My budget is around 700++. Preferred brand would be Canon cause i think its the best around. Sorry but no offence to other brand users. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.