Any good Chinese restaurant in Orchard Road?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#1
Got VIP in town, want to go to a good quality chinese restaurant in Orchard area, so before and after dinner can do shopping. I remember long long time ago there were a few in Orchard but seems all had closed down or moved out, still got anymore around? Budget is abt $500-600 for 6 persons.
 

jopel

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2004
1,175
1
0
#2
Lei Garden
Orchard Shopping Centre, 321 Orchard Road, Tel: 6734 3988

Orchard Plaza, #09-01/02, 150 Orchard Road, Tel: 6738 2448
 

May 5, 2006
377
0
16
#3
Astin said:
Got VIP in town, want to go to a good quality chinese restaurant in Orchard area, so before and after dinner can do shopping. I remember long long time ago there were a few in Orchard but seems all had closed down or moved out, still got anymore around? Budget is abt $500-600 for 6 persons.
Li Bai at Hilton Hotel near Newton Mrt.
 

#4
Summer palace - The Regent Hotel.
Crystal Jade Palace 金湖 - At The Forum, basement.
Lei Garden as mentioned by Jopel.
Li Bai as mentioned by fz30 - it is located at Sheraton Tower. Not sure if there is another one at Hilton.

I used to frequent these restaurants, Crystal Jade is my favourite. Okay, this one is a premium Crystal Jade - not the same as other regular outlets.

Enjoy:)
 

Nisa

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2004
1,286
0
0
#5
There is another resturant in Paragon, not too bad, quite classy oso :)
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#6
I would go for Hua Ting for the budget you have.

Hua Ting Restaurant
Cantonese cuisine

Authentic Cantonese Cuisine and other provincial specialties from our Master Chef Chan Kwok from Hong Kong and his team. Dim Sum lunch is also served.

Nominated as one of the best restaurants under the Chinese Cuisine category by top restaurant guides, Hua Ting also clinched the prestigious Asian Ethnic Restaurant at the World Gourmet Summit 2003 and 2005, while its Master Chef Chan Kwok won the Asian Ethnic Chef Of The Year 2005.


http://www.millenniumhotels.com/MCIL.nsf/lu_hoteldoc/706$$diningentertainment?opendocument&de

This has to be the best chinese rest. in town. I would go as far as to declare that you have no need to bother with any other recommendation so far. None of them comes close in terms of service, quality and taste.

Enjoy yourself Astin. :)
 

Nisa

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2004
1,286
0
0
#8
Wolfgang said:
I would go for Hua Ting for the budget you have.

Hua Ting Restaurant
Cantonese cuisine

Authentic Cantonese Cuisine and other provincial specialties from our Master Chef Chan Kwok from Hong Kong and his team. Dim Sum lunch is also served.

Nominated as one of the best restaurants under the Chinese Cuisine category by top restaurant guides, Hua Ting also clinched the prestigious Asian Ethnic Restaurant at the World Gourmet Summit 2003 and 2005, while its Master Chef Chan Kwok won the Asian Ethnic Chef Of The Year 2005.


http://www.millenniumhotels.com/MCIL.nsf/lu_hoteldoc/706$$diningentertainment?opendocument&de

This has to be the best chinese rest. in town. I would go as far as to declare that you have no need to bother with any other recommendation so far. None of them comes close in terms of service, quality and taste.

Enjoy yourself Astin. :)
haha unforunately i did not share the same experiences as you had. :devil:
 

Nisa

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2004
1,286
0
0
#11
Wolfgang said:
hi Nisa, how have you been? :)

You had a bad experience at Hua Ting? :) Do share... :)

Perhaps it would help Astin by making his decision easier. :)
The services were slow, we had to ask for things and bill several times.
I am quite picky when it comes to services and the utensils.
If this is a good resturant, i expect these two to be excellent as well.

And the food is not THAT fantastic, personally i rarely taste "good" chinese food in a chinese resturant in Singapore.
 

since63

New Member
Nov 18, 2005
88
0
0
#12
L.Lee said:
Summer palace - The Regent Hotel.
Crystal Jade Palace 金湖 - At The Forum, basement.
Lei Garden as mentioned by Jopel.
Li Bai as mentioned by fz30 - it is located at Sheraton Tower. Not sure if there is another one at Hilton.

I used to frequent these restaurants, Crystal Jade is my favourite. Okay, this one is a premium Crystal Jade - not the same as other regular outlets.

Enjoy:)

HAve been to all of the above...and all have very good food.
Here's my thoughts:-
1. Summer Palace, Regent Hotel...nice ambience and pleasantly quiet for a Chinese restuarant. Second most expensive in the list.

2. Crystal Jade Palace...very noisy and it was closed (maye for reno) the last time I was there (about one to two weeks ago). The cheapest of the lot. Not too ideal for entertainment.

3. Lei Garden... great food and good price. Have been around for a long time and its a hidden gem in Orchard.

4. Li Bai...posh Chinese resturant and posh pricing too. Impressive place for entertainment. Of the 4 its the most x.
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#13
Nisa said:
The services were slow, we had to ask for things and bill several times.
I am quite picky when it comes to services and the utensils.
If this is a good resturant, i expect these two to be excellent as well.

And the food is not THAT fantastic, personally i rarely taste "good" chinese food in a chinese resturant in Singapore.
Now, thats unacceptable. :( Its a shame you had to experience such service... Well, lets see, Lei Garden would be my 2nd choice then. :)

I honestly feel that Hua Ting has never disappointed me but if the level of service has deteriorated to such a level, then i feel very embarassed to have even mentioned this estb. :(
 

agape01

Senior Member
Feb 13, 2003
2,574
0
36
Somewhere Out There
Visit site
#14
Another alternative would be the chinese restaurant at The Marriot. I forgot the name of that one, but it is the closest to before dinner and after dinner shopping.

If Summer Palace was recommended, I would also recommend the alternative which is at The Four Seasons. That one is also very posh and has pretty good service quality.

Another close one is the one at the Goodwood Park. I am not sure where the entrance is as the last time I was there, certain parts of the hotel was going through renovation.
 

since63

New Member
Nov 18, 2005
88
0
0
#15
agape01 said:
Another alternative would be the chinese restaurant at The Marriot. I forgot the name of that one, but it is the closest to before dinner and after dinner shopping.

If Summer Palace was recommended, I would also recommend the alternative which is at The Four Seasons. That one is also very posh and has pretty good service quality.

Another close one is the one at the Goodwood Park. I am not sure where the entrance is as the last time I was there, certain parts of the hotel was going through renovation.

The one at Goodwood is call Min Jiang....must try the Beijing Duck. Yum yum but have to order in advance!
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#16
Imperial Treasure @ Ngee Ann City :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
(DPM Wong eats there too)

Skip Crystal Jade, standards have dropped.
 

jdredd

New Member
Mar 30, 2006
1,266
0
0
#17
crystal jade golden palace paragon.
crystal jade taka
imperial treasure taka
would be my top 3. get private room.

alternatively, theres a sister restaurant to imperial at great world city.

bring a couple of nice bottles of wine. these restaurants all have excellent wine service and glasses.
 

Razor54

New Member
Jan 10, 2006
290
0
0
West to East
#19
Crystal Jade Paragon works for me......:thumbsup:

Quite a nice place with good food and 'acceptable' prices.
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#20
since63 said:
The one at Goodwood is call Min Jiang....must try the Beijing Duck. Yum yum but have to order in advance!
I thot Min Jiang closed already? That place is now Thai Sharkfin and a spa. Thanks for all the recommendation, Summer Palace sounds good, Crystal Jade is good for fun and casual I think (a bit noisy sometimes).
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom