Any good books for photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MumSon

Apr 18, 2009
Temasek Island
Hi everyone,

I m a newbie with D90 kits. I went to the library to get some references for a beginner. So many books.. :cry: dont know which one to choose..

May I know your preference? :)

Last edited:
Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson?

Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography (Vol 1 & 2) by Scott Kelby

The moment it clicks by Joe McNally :)

how's the thom hogan definitive D90 guide

it has 1000 pages of ultra detailed info of the cam

my brother bought it when he bought his D90 this year

according to him it's the D90 "bible"

i've read the first of two books by scott kelby... gives a good insight for newbies...
saw the series available at konikunya (or however you spell that) last time...

Hi everyone,

I m a newbie with D90 kits. I went to the library to get some references for a beginner. So many books.. :cry: dont know which one to choice..

Just pick one that you feel is easy to read and follow. Then practice one or two of the techniques. Sometimes we try to hard to read as much as we can, we end up delaying the actual shoot.

A book i found usefull was by Michael Freeman called The Photographers Eye.

It is a very easy to understand book on composition and design with some really good ideas in it.

Currently I'm reading the Focal Digital Camera Guides for D90 by Corey Hilz. It's quite reader friendly with lots of colors & menu examples to guide you thru and an expansion of the D90 Manual.

Currently I'm reading the Focal Digital Camera Guides for D90 by Corey Hilz. It's quite reader friendly with lots of colors & menu examples to guide you thru and an expansion of the D90 Manual.

bro, where you bought the book?

how about checking out some of the articles and sticky threads right here in ClubSnap before you go out and spend money? there's a lot of good information in here.

Hi everyone,

I m a newbie with D90 kits. I went to the library to get some references for a beginner. So many books.. :cry: dont know which one to choice..

read the ones that look properly presented for you

all photography books taht can be published , you can learn something from it

the only difference is how they present, whether you like the way they present

i would flip through last time before i borrow, if i find the book boring, i know there is no way i am going to get through it without dozing off, so i don't borrow.

the more recommended books are usually the more colorful, nicely written ones, i.e. good presentation, but they might not necessarily be the right ones for you. :)

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

I have been reading sticky threads here in CS and others for almost a month. But for a noob newbie, is not easy to master. LoL :D

I managed to borrow "The Digital SLR Handbook" by Michael Freeman. Looks good... Not all titles as above are available in the library. I will check it out in the book store.
Then get into practice... :) Thanks, again.

Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography (Vol 1 & 2) by Scott Kelby

The moment it clicks by Joe McNally :)

yes :thumbsup: ... definitely a gd read, especially the part on metering ;)

Dear Mumson,
Nice to get to know u. frankly, not so much of books, bravely go around, or take anything, any topic around ur neighbour hood, show to sincere friends who like to see fotos, from there hear their comments, then U ' ll learn better, can send me some fotos taken, we share our experiences and comments. Email: ronaldc2622@dbsector8.com Waiting to hear from U
Really wants toread up some, can go to national library, look for Phtography will be able to find books

Regards,

Tom Ang. How to take Photograph of Absolutely Everything.

Little on the theory but lots of practical.

I'm currently reading The Hot Shoe Diaries by Joe McNally, pretty good.

can send me some fotos taken, we share our experiences and comments. Email: ronaldc2622@dbsector8.com

Thanks for offering..... I reckon I m a lousy snapper, so dont have many photos to share :bsmilie: my photos either blur with all wrong shutter speed, aperture or ISO speed....
I m trying to master my new toy through refering to books....

:thumbsup: for all ppl who recommend your favourite... i will check them up :vhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.