Any Good And Reliable Photo Upload Server For Recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbong

Mar 17, 2006
I am looking for web based photo upload server to store my photo..
But no sure which one is more suitable and reliable..
I don't mind paying for the service..I just want something reliable..
I heard a lot of peoples are using flickr.
Just wonder is flickr so far the best web based for store photo??
Any more recommendation??
thanks.:)

Been using Flickr most of the time...

;)

Is the presentation of your photos from the site as a gallery important to you? Is it important that you can hotlink to the image (from, say, ClubSnap)? Do you want to be able to upload using Lightroom or the EyeFi wireless SD card?

I like SmugMug for their friendly support and nice presentation, but it is a strictly pay only site. You can get a $5 referral code if you search around - I'd give you mine, but it'll be a conflict of interest and probably in violation of some rule here.

Photobucket is free for 1 GB of storage and 25 GB per month of bandwidth. You can purchase more storage.

PBase is a favorite with photographers. I think it is pay only. I don't have much experience using it, because I didn't like the way they do their presentation.

I dislike flickr's presentation the most, but there are many tools for it because it was (and may still be) the one with the largest user base.

Picasa is free for 1 GB of storage. You can purchase additional storage.

Been using Flickr most of the time...

;)
So you mean you pay for the 1 year fee of USD24.95 for the unlimited photo upload services?
So far how you rate this flickr service? Is it really that good?
Just curious..Hope to get more info before i decide.

Is the presentation of your photos from the site as a gallery important to you? Is it important that you can hotlink to the image (from, say, ClubSnap)? Do you want to be able to upload using Lightroom or the EyeFi wireless SD card?

I like SmugMug for their friendly support and nice presentation, but it is a strictly pay only site. You can get a $5 referral code if you search around - I'd give you mine, but it'll be a conflict of interest and probably in violation of some rule here.

Photobucket is free for 1 GB of storage and 25 GB per month of bandwidth. You can purchase more storage.

PBase is a favorite with photographers. I think it is pay only. I don't have much experience using it, because I didn't like the way they do their presentation.

I dislike flickr's presentation the most, but there are many tools for it because it was (and may still be) the one with the largest user base.

Picasa is free for 1 GB of storage. You can purchase additional storage.
Hmm..I just went to try on the SmugMug...Not so like about it...
but thank for the useful advise anyway..
I think i will stick to flickr in this case....
What i worry most about flickr is what should i do if 1 day they shut the server down forever...
All my photo will be gone then... :cry::cry:

Hmm..I just went to try on the SmugMug...Not so like about it...
but thank for the useful advise anyway..

No problem, each our own preference. Can you tell me what you don't like about SmugMug though?

What i worry most about flickr is what should i do if 1 day they shut the server down forever...
All my photo will be gone then... :cry::cry:

You'll have the same problem with any online service. I've heard too many horror stories. Never rely on online backup alone. Even if they don't go out of service, the time you need access to an image immediately is the day your Internet connection dies, according to that Murphy fella.

No problem, each our own preference. Can you tell me what you don't like about SmugMug though?
The webpage seem like suspicious for me.. lol..
The banner and advertisement beside the webpage make me feel discomfortable...
Maybe it just only me... lol

www.zenfolio.com

So you mean you pay for the 1 year fee of USD24.95 for the unlimited photo upload services?
So far how you rate this flickr service? Is it really that good?
Just curious..Hope to get more info before i decide.

yup... it was a birthday gift for me... ;)

So far, I kinda like the uploading functions and although I have a multiply site as well, I rarely upload to the multiply these days. The user interface isn't as friendly to me. :)

The webpage seem like suspicious for me.. lol..
The banner and advertisement beside the webpage make me feel discomfortable...
Maybe it just only me... lol

Where's the emoticon for scratching head anyway? Not sure what you mean. Are you sure you got to the right webpage?

Smugmug has no adverts or banner ads in your photo gallery.

Anyway if you're comfortable with flickr, stick with it. I think flickr is cheaper anyway (US$25 vs. US$40 at SmugMug) for the paid account. For me, I wanted my photos presented in a different way from the "Photo stream" style of flickr, and SmugMug best fit my needs.

One thing that I'm annoyed about with SmugMug is that their resized photos do not contain EXIF information (might have same issue with flickr). It's certainly not brain surgery, so hopefully they can have that fixed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.