Any good 19 inch CRT monitor to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Yes, I'm in the market for a new monitor. My 2+ year old, trusty Mag 786FD is getting dimmer with each passing month.

Any good ones to recommend? I'm more into you know what thus the quality of the display is very important to me. Please recommend ones that are readily available in SLS. Any recommendation of the monitor-accompanying stores will also be very helpful.

LCDs? Until the technology and manufacturing process improve further, then we'll see! ;)

TIA! :D

samsung flat?
nec has a very slow resync response... dunno can disable or not... eg about 2-3secs if u chg resolution (BIOS post ,EGA, to h/w table, text, to windows, VGA, is like mostly darkness cos the modes take too long to chg)
my exp with viewsonic is they die very fast... me on 4th replacement...

Move over to the Mac Platform, and you will have the option of owning the absolutely gorgeous Apple CinemaDisplay 22" LCD panel. :devil:

And even if you buy the lower end iMacs, their LCDs can beat the PC LCDs easily. But the Eizo L565 and above are still pretty good, so are the top-end Samsung LCDs.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Yes, I'm in the market for a new monitor. My 2+ year old, trusty Mag 786FD is getting dimmer with each passing month.

Any good ones to recommend? I'm more into you know what thus the quality of the display is very important to me. Please recommend ones that are readily available in SLS. Any recommendation of the monitor-accompanying stores will also be very helpful.

LCDs? Until the technology and manufacturing process improve further, then we'll see! ;)

I use the NEC multisync 95F. very satisfied with it.

I don't like aperture grill CRTs because the wires are very obvious to me. Every AG monitor I look at, I can spot the wires in a couple of seconds. Very annoying if you view pics with clear blue sky and see a wire running across....

I'm a sucker for Sony trinitron monitors. Images on screen are bright and clear. That will be my recommendation.

For graphics, trinitron is the best. Sony will be my recommendation too. If u also do a lot of text, diamontron is also very competing, get a Viewsonic/Samsung also not bad. It's the tube and after-sale service that count.

Thanks guys! ;)

Yesterday I was @ SLS with the guys and I immediately fell in love with a Sony G420; sorry Eizo 565, I'm not good enough for you! :D

Probably, now the problem is how to get the monster home. I suppose getting the store to deliver (usually not F.O.C. right?) takes time hor? ;)

Believe it or not, I can squeeze the G420 box into the front seat (set to the back)of my toyota corrolla. Box bends a little bit but the monitor is fine. I did it for both my G420 and G400.

Else delivery is abt 30.

Rgds.

Thanks guys! ;)

Yesterday I was @ SLS with the guys and I immediately fell in love with a Sony G420; sorry Eizo 565, I'm not good enough for you! :D

Probably, now the problem is how to get the monster home. I suppose getting the store to deliver (usually not F.O.C. right?) takes time hor? ;)

Otherwise, you can always unpack it from the box, dump the styrofoam and box into ur boot if you want to keep them and the monitor fits easily into the back seat of any car.

Last time all 19' CRT got free delivery. Now no more?:dunno:

okie usual warnings from me.

make sure ur table has enuf real estate for monitor + whatever else u wanna put on it.

make sure table can take the weight.

420 should be able to squeeze into most cars. btw i heard there's a new G430? ;)

Originally posted by pyre

420 should be able to squeeze into most cars. btw i heard there's a new G430? ;)

dun worry....even my G500 also can fit into a small car, but without the box

so better bring some pillow and cushions along

Status
Not open for further replies.