Any gd camera to intro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harky

Jun 24, 2007
Singapore
want to buy a gd small digital camera..

can take nice video during concert and nice pic outdoor...

anyone can intro.. not too ex ba... below 500?

i personal had a video cam but i just need a normal digital for outdoor can do decent job

Panasonic LX5.
Harvey Norman on sale, $399 only, Leica summicron f2.0 lens. budget and good.:D

Thanks... as my bro is using LX5 i tot of getting another model.

Panasonic LX5.
Harvey Norman on sale, $399 only, Leica summicron f2.0 lens. budget and good.:D

true but one more advice wont be harm
Any advice in the style of "buy model xx" is useless - and judging from your question that's the form of response you are looking for.
The first and most important step for you is to make yourself familiar with cameras, features, technology and compare with your requirements. Read reviews, they are made under controlled conditions and are far more useful than any remarks of people you don't know. User errors are far more common than technical issues.

want to buy a gd small digital camera..

can take nice video during concert and nice pic outdoor...

anyone can intro.. not too ex ba... below 500?

i personal had a video cam but i just need a normal digital for outdoor can do decent job

I have canon 550d that takes nice pics and videos
I have olympus E-520 that takes nice pics but no video
I have a panasonic FZ28 that takes nice pics and videos
Just bought a panasonic GF1+14-45mm which also can take nice pics and videos

So there are many choices....... :) :) :)

sorry to disappoint but no camera in the world takes 'great' pictures , otherwise I will be the first in line to buy one

at $500 ball park area ...... available features, outputs and specs will be quite similar regardless of brand .... just a question of styling and body color that you like from which brand

Last edited:
How about S100? Or 2nd hand GF3? or LX5...

Sometimes I find a little strange why we we have to be so ánalytically precise/critical 'on such posting, esp in the newbie section.

TS query seems obvious to me : he is looking for a 'best bang for sub $500"camera, and the usage he care more is.........
And he is seeking the gurus here for some learned advice.

Then why?......

Must he list out his shooting preference, shooting style, shooting experience... or should he rephrase his qn and litter those camera technical terms/features all over his qn?? Is is a sin for a newbie to ask for a camera that can take nice picture - we know what he meant, right?

Disappointed with some of the replies!

swhyge said:
Sometimes I find a little strange why we we have to be so nnalytically precise/critical 'on such posting, esp in the newbie section.

TS query seems obvious to me : he is looking for a 'best bang for sub $500"camera, and the usage he care more is.........

Then why?......

Must he list out his shooting preference, shooting style, shooting experience... or should he rephrase his qn and litter those camera technical terms/features all over his qn?? Is is a sin for a newbie to ask for a camera that can take nice picture - we know what he meant, right?

Because everyone's preference and taste and requirements are different. Some love Panasonic, some say Canon the best, some Nikon, etc. It's important that he creates a shortlist of what he likes, rather than buying what *we* like

Sometimes I find a little strange why we we have to be so ánalytically precise/critical 'on such posting, esp in the newbie section.

Then why?......
His requirements and understanding are as blur as your comment. Please give us a good example of your answer. And please don't shy away with "not being senior" or so...

Then why?......

Sorry to hear that you feel that way.

I can appreciate that for a newbie who is very confused with the multitude of choices available and all the technical jargon, sometimes a simple answer "I think ______ camera is great!" is all that is sought after.

But looking at the big picture, if the TS were to receive 50 different recommendations, who does it help ultimately?
It is still better for TS to pick up some basic information and shortlist some brands/models based on specific requirements. Buying a camera isn't quite like buying a set of cutlery for the home :)

Then why?......

What small camera would you recommend that can take nice pics and videos, (based on the requirements listed) by TS?

Basically he wants a compact that is:
1) below $500
2) can take decent video under low light
3) can take decent stills under bright light

And from the way he ask, it is obvious he is a noob. So no need to waste your time doing scientific analysis for him, he wont understand.
All he want is a noob recommendation, if you are not a noob then do not attempt to his question. Can skip one, nobody will blame you one.

Basically he wants a compact that is:
1) below $500
2) can take decent video under low light
3) can take decent stills under bright light

And from the way he ask, it is obvious he is a noob. So no need to waste your time doing scientific analysis for him, he wont understand.
All he want is a noob recommendation, if you are not a noob then do not attempt to his question. Can skip one, nobody will blame you one.

Panasonic FZ200
Price about there or bit more I think.
Constant f/2.8
Zoom range 25-600mm equivalent
Shoot at AVCHD or Mpeg-4 videos.
Can zoom to get details of the performers on stage :) :)

Last edited:
Panasonic FZ200
Price about there or bit more I think.
Constant f/2.8
Zoom range 25-600mm equivalent
Shoot at AVCHD or Mpeg-4 videos.
Can zoom to get details of the performers on stage :) :)

That is a pretty decent recommendation :thumbsup:

this is a photography forum one ... So it's only normal that members will give responses with photography in mind. Some knowledge has been reported as useless ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.