Any females use LONG lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by charvy
Well I chose not to have super long prime/telephoto lens is because of its massive weight and its pretty troublesome to bring it arnd during travel. 70-200 L f4 is just all right for me :)
Well, now i define 70-200/f2.8 as light lens:) so f4 version will be super light...;p

if u have seen/carried a 400/f2.8 or 600/f4...

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Which head would that be? :devil:

Mel's here right now and she says and I quote.

"Rusty scissors for the removal of the thinking head between your legs"

"Baseball bat for that thing between your shoulders"

:devil:

Originally posted by forward
will give us an idea of how easy it is today just to carry a small 35mm camera with a couple of long lenses compared to what George had to carry. His determination to discover and to be good at it makes the differences. We should be rugged and tough enough to challenge the traditional masters and innovators of their passion and craftmanship.

A reality stop time as this ain't quite the truth :)

Actually the portable darkroom setup used by wet plate photographers in the field didn't weigh as much as you'd think, as the chemicals were carried in quite small bottles so the all up weight for the portable darkroom was normally around 10-12 kg from the examples I've seen in real life. Large format cameras and tripods weren't that bad either .

All up the old pack (camera, plates and portable darkroom) weighed about the same as a modern pack of a couple of super teles, 2 SLR's and assorted other lenses and accessories in a backpack along with tripod and ballhead etc.

However I do agree, too many folks round here whinge big time about carrying what they consider to be a heavy load.

The assumption that women can do what the man can...
then there will be more of them going into medium and
large format photography. :(

We should encourage our spouses and female
companions to enjoy this fascination of digital imaging
and photography. Women photographers around the
world have been contributing and it seems lately some outstanding ones are from India.

We do have many excellent up and coming women photographers and lets give them more support and encouragement. What surprised me is despite their
height and size, they are using large format.

Correct perception of needed
equipment to do the job was seen when an elderly man
in his early seventies never stop having his tripod weighing
about 4.7kg and his 500CM with the 250mm f/4 tug into an
aluminium case waiting for his bubby to pick him up at 6.30am
every Sunday morning.

This scene can never be erased from
my mind and will I continue to bring along with me whatever is needed to get the images that I wanted? :light:

Originally posted by forward
The assumption that women can do what the man can...
then there will be more of them going into medium and
large format photography. :(

We should encourage our spouses and female
companions to enjoy this fascination of digital imaging
and photography. Women photographers around the
world have been contributing and it seems lately some outstanding ones are from India.

We do have many excellent up and coming women photographers and lets give them more support and encouragement. What surprised me is despite their
height and size, they are using large format.

Correct perception of needed
equipment to do the job was seen when an elderly man
in his early seventies never stop having his tripod weighing
about 4.7kg and his 500CM with the 250mm f/4 tug into an
aluminium case waiting for his bubby to pick him up at 6.30am
every Sunday morning.

This scene can never be erased from
my mind and will I continue to bring along with me whatever is needed to get the images that I wanted? :light:

And your point is? Talk about loose and turgid thinking, to say nothing of being miles off topic :)

Plenty of women have been at the top of the tree using Medium and Large formats, eg: Annie Liebowitz, Suze Randall are two who spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.