Any feedback on users of Giottos monopod and ball heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denosha

Dec 25, 2003
Bukit Timah
www.sgl.per.sg
Hmmm.. I have both a Giottos monopod (MM9160) and Giottos ballhead (MH-1000). I guess it's ok for the price. They seem to take the weight quite well although I doubt they will really support the quoted max-load (esp the ballhead). Have had my ballhead for almost 2 years and it still works fine.

kelster

Apr 25, 2003
Everywhere where e sun shines
Visit site
Denosha said:
Hmmm.. I have both a Giottos monopod (MM9160) and Giottos ballhead (MH-1000). I guess it's ok for the price. They seem to take the weight quite well although I doubt they will really support the quoted max-load (esp the ballhead). Have had my ballhead for almost 2 years and it still works fine.
Sounds good...does ur ballhead have the quickrelease plate?...

laforge

Apr 7, 2005
Pasir Ris
laforge.clubsnap.org
I just bought a MM8960 from CP today and mated it with a Manfrotto 486RC2 ball head.. More or less 1kg in total as compared to 2.5kg on my SLiK 400 DX.

kelster

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
laforge said:
I just bought a MM8960 from CP today and mated it with a Manfrotto 486RC2 ball head.. More or less 1kg in total as compared to 2.5kg on my SLiK 400 DX.
Arrgghh!!..you bought the last piece from CP!!...heh heh...well...guess its 1st come 1st served...heh...good for you my friend...good rite?...heh...me thinking of getting one also...hope they bring in more stock again...

laforge

Apr 7, 2005
Pasir Ris
laforge.clubsnap.org
kelster said:
Arrgghh!!..you bought the last piece from CP!!...heh heh...well...guess its 1st come 1st served...heh...good for you my friend...good rite?...heh...me thinking of getting one also...hope they bring in more stock again...

Opps .. Was that the last piece? Heheh Christopher did not mention so ;p .... Definitely good lah... at 550g for the monopod

Denosha

Dec 25, 2003
Bukit Timah
www.sgl.per.sg
kelster said:
Sounds good...does ur ballhead have the quickrelease plate?...
It's not really a plate, it's the round type that simply screws into the bottom of your cam/tripod collar. Much more convenient than the normal type where u need a coin or screwdriver to tighten. The model is MH 1000-200. You can see what it looks like on the Giottos webpage.

kelster

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Denosha said:
It's not really a plate, it's the round type that simply screws into the bottom of your cam/tripod collar. Much more convenient than the normal type where u need a coin or screwdriver to tighten. The model is MH 1000-200. You can see what it looks like on the Giottos webpage.
yup yup...tats the one I prob will get...heh...alritey...gotta make a trip down to CP to ask if can reserve a piece liaoz..kekeke...thnx folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.