Any feedback on EF-S 60mm Macro USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeryltan

Jan 5, 2006
s5.photobucket.com
Very tempted to buy one and take photo of insects :bsmilie: Anybody using this got any feedback or intend to sell? :cool:

My budget not so high leh.. Only can afford the EF-S 60mm Macro USM.. DOn't think will use it much though, it's just for kicks :) so don't want to spend too much..

JediForce4ever said:
For insects may not be enough...
maybe you can try for the 100mmf2.8 Macro USM?

Try the EF-s 60 macro before in a cam shop. Image is sharp and nice.
But I choose the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 1:1 macro as it range is better for insect photos . Cheap and good photo quality lens. About S$600. Check it out.

Just a photo to share. Taken with the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 1:1 macro lens:
IMG_4525.jpg

Nice.. WIll consider that as well. Tks :)

Goldenstars08 said:
Try the EF-s 60 macro before in a cam shop. Image is sharp and nice.
But I choose the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 1:1 macro as it range is better for insect photos . Cheap and good photo quality lens. About S$600. Check it out.

Just a photo to share. Taken with the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 1:1 macro lens:
IMG_4525.jpg

you can get the older non-USM EF100mm macro for about $600+ 2nd hand also..... and its as good as the newer USM version that goes for $800+ used ;)

JediForce4ever said:
For insects may not be enough...
maybe you can try for the 100mmf2.8 Macro USM?

Wah...for me i'm only using 50mm f1.8 II with a +4 close up filter. :D

Tks ;)

Ris Goh said:
you can get the older non-USM EF100mm macro for about $600+ 2nd hand also..... and its as good as the newer USM version that goes for $800+ used ;)

Interesting thread... I've read lots of gd things about this lens, but it doesn't seem to be very popular. Not much mention here and its not really transacted on B&S.

The EF version will be the 50mm f2.5 macro, but must use the life size converter to make it 1:1.

solarii said:
Interesting thread... I've read lots of gd things about this lens, but it doesn't seem to be very popular. Not much mention here and its not really transacted on B&S.
Cos this is an EF-S mount mah, hehe... most pple would want the lens to be able to mount on other EF cameras. I went for the Sigma 50mm macro route 1:1 (canon's 1:2), at 50mm it's handheldable and I dont really use it to shoot insects, so not an issue ;p some pple says it's one of the sharpest lens :think:

Xing said:
Cos this is an EF-S mount mah, hehe... most pple would want the lens to be able to mount on other EF cameras. I went for the Sigma 50mm macro route 1:1 (canon's 1:2), at 50mm it's handheldable and I dont really use it to shoot insects, so not an issue ;p some pple says it's one of the sharpest lens :think:

Canon's 50mm lenses are one of the best in terms or image quality (f1.0, f1.4, f1.8 and f2.5) and i'm proud to own one of them. Their f2.5 compact macro requires the life-size converter in order to reduce it to 1:1 but total will cost a lot more.

I use my f1.8 with a +4 close up to shoot insects and flowers and still able to produce very gd quality pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.