Any fans of Robotech novels?


Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#1
Hi I am really trying my luck here...got a little nostalgic today and dunno why tot of robotech...used to read it a lot back in late 80s, early 90s in my primary and secondary school days. I have the whole collection from book 1 to 18 but just now when i went to the offical site I realised 3 other books (19, 20, 21) came out later which where telling the sotry in between the different series.

They are:

Robotech #19: The Zentraedi Rebellion

Robotech #20: The Masters' Gambit

Robotech #21: Before the Invid Storm

Apparently these seem to be out of print now...does anyone know where to get them or know of any 2nd hand bookshops which might sell them?
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,345
0
0
#2
INteresting... I also love robotech too.. still a fan of it.. ;)
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#3
tokrot said:
INteresting... I also love robotech too.. still a fan of it.. ;)
WOW REALLY? Glad to see fans of Robotech here. I am thinking of ordering the DVD of the whole cartoon series and keep it. Brought back so much memories...arguably the best novel series I read.




http://www.robotech.com/
 

TMC

Senior Member
Sep 4, 2004
6,321
0
0
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
#4
Used to have all the books but now they are in bits and pieces, rotting from mildew and others. Its a great series, that time they also came out with the original gundam novel as well, 0079.
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,345
0
0
#5
boroangel said:
WOW REALLY? Glad to see fans of Robotech here. I am thinking of ordering the DVD of the whole cartoon series and keep it. Brought back so much memories...arguably the best novel series I read.




http://www.robotech.com/
Ya, great anime. Brought back many old memories. ;)
 

r32

New Member
Dec 31, 2002
1,021
0
0
40
Singapore
#6
Robotech is what happened when the American company Harmony Gold bought the English rights to 3 Japanese cartoon series and jammed them together to make a storyline.

Kind of like a Nikon lens mounted on a Canon body with a Minolta flash.

You should watch the original Macross series (as well as Do You Remember Love), Southern Cross, as well as Super Genesis Climber. They share the same common theme of mecha war machines.

The most recent effort was Macross Zero - worth watching just for the CG transformation sequences alone.
 

kelccm

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
1,515
2
0
A village in a forest
#7
Another fan here. Still one of my favourite anime series. I used to have all the Robotech novels, including the Sentinels series, as well as all 4 series of the Robotech RPG gamebook(Macross, Southern Cross, Invid Invasion and Sentinels) and some supplement book on the mecha and aliens and the American version of the cartoon DVD.

I think I have given away all my Robotech novels, just left with the RPG gamebook and DVD.

You can try searching for them in 2nd hand bookshop. I bought all my Robotech novels from San Bookshop.
 

Adiemus

New Member
May 21, 2004
1,673
1
0
45
Small island....
#8
Fan here too! You should try the 2nd hand bookstores. Esp. "SAN".

kelccm said:
Another fan here. Still one of my favourite anime series. I used to have all the Robotech novels, including the Sentinels series, as well as all 4 series of the Robotech RPG gamebook(Macross, Southern Cross, Invid Invasion and Sentinels) and some supplement book on the mecha and aliens and the American version of the cartoon DVD.

I think I have given away all my Robotech novels, just left with the RPG gamebook and DVD.

You can try searching for them in 2nd hand bookshop. I bought all my Robotech novels from San Bookshop.
 

phoakm

Senior Member
Dec 15, 2003
7,385
0
36
42
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
#9
At last see Robotech and Macross Fans in CS. Though, did not have the novels or books on Robotech. I do own all the Robotech and Macross animnation series and movies. My Fav: Macross - Lovers Again.:)
 

Hobbesyeo

New Member
Feb 16, 2005
990
0
0
Singapore
www.sxc.hu
#10
boroangel said:
Hi I am really trying my luck here...got a little nostalgic today and dunno why tot of robotech...used to read it a lot back in late 80s, early 90s in my primary and secondary school days. I have the whole collection from book 1 to 18 but just now when i went to the offical site I realised 3 other books (19, 20, 21) came out later which where telling the sotry in between the different series.

They are:

Robotech #19: The Zentraedi Rebellion

Robotech #20: The Masters' Gambit

Robotech #21: Before the Invid Storm

Apparently these seem to be out of print now...does anyone know where to get them or know of any 2nd hand bookshops which might sell them?
You can try your luck at those 2nd hand bookshops. I think the one at Holland village had most of the robotech books for sale a while back.

Anyone collects the toys?
 

hangten

New Member
Feb 19, 2006
1
0
0
#12
Yeah, I totally enjoyed Robotech! Best! Anime! Ever! Now, when I watch any anime, I always judge them based on my experience with Robotech.

I would've bought the entire DVD collection, but no Vitamin M. :cry:
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#13
Thing about Robotech is despite it being a sci-fi movie, there are so many intriguing plots and the story is so well linked up together with different generations and so many different human feelings and relationships are protrayed in the novel besides all the different awesome mecha. If you examine some of the plots, it does reflect a bit on our daily life (or am I thinking too much?

Lovers: Rick Hunter & Lisa Hayes, Roy Fokker and Claudia Grant, Dana & Rem clone, Bernard and Maria? etc

Interracial marriage : Max Sterling & Miriya

Parent /child : Max and Miriya Sterling and Dana (how they left her to go 'overseas', when they went to look for the Robotech Masters but end up seeing the Invid) and how she manage to grow up independently under the guidance of 'forgot whats his name (some commander)' . How her enstrangement from her parents continued way into the last book 'End of the Circle' where they were trapped into another timespace and she was actually manipulated by the Regis to attack her parents but regained her senses in the nick of time with the help of her sister....

Lisa Hayes and her father back at the doomed Grand Cannon.

Siblings: Vince Grant and Claudia Grant, Dana and I think is Aurora Sterling?

Friendship : Countless examples here...

By the way, does anyone still remember the ending in the last book 'End of the Circle', where all of them were transported back to Earth but Minmei and the Rem clone was somewhere sent into an island and she was singing and pregnant...where exactly were they transported to?
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#14
Hobbesyeo said:
You can try your luck at those 2nd hand bookshops. I think the one at Holland village had most of the robotech books for sale a while back.

Anyone collects the toys?
Hi, may I know this bookshop is located at which part of Holland V? And where to find this bookshop Sans?
 

Zplus

Senior Member
Mar 16, 2002
2,397
0
0
19
Some equitorial, tropical isle
#17
r32 said:
Robotech is what happened when the American company Harmony Gold bought the English rights to 3 Japanese cartoon series and jammed them together to make a storyline.

Kind of like a Nikon lens mounted on a Canon body with a Minolta flash.

You should watch the original Macross series (as well as Do You Remember Love), Southern Cross, as well as Super Genesis Climber. They share the same common theme of mecha war machines.

The most recent effort was Macross Zero - worth watching just for the CG transformation sequences alone.
It should be Mospaeda : Super Genesis Climber.;)
Yeah, loved the original Jap series and also the Robotech americanised version... but "protoculture" in the american Robotech version is like George Lucas introducing "medichlorines" in Star Wars.....

Macross actually went on to have many other sequals.
Macross II, Macross Plus and Macross Zero.

Southern Cross ended after that series in Japan.
So did Mospaeda, which I like a lot. One of the earliest anime with a cross dressing singer.:D
 

wattky

New Member
Jun 24, 2006
75
0
0
#18
boroangel said:
Thing about Robotech is despite it being a sci-fi movie, there are so many intriguing plots and the story is so well linked up together with different generations and so many different human feelings and relationships are protrayed in the novel besides all the different awesome mecha. If you examine some of the plots, it does reflect a bit on our daily life (or am I thinking too much?

Lovers: Rick Hunter & Lisa Hayes, Roy Fokker and Claudia Grant, Dana & Rem clone, Bernard and Maria? etc

Interracial marriage : Max Sterling & Miriya

Parent /child : Max and Miriya Sterling and Dana (how they left her to go 'overseas', when they went to look for the Robotech Masters but end up seeing the Invid) and how she manage to grow up independently under the guidance of 'forgot whats his name (some commander)' . How her enstrangement from her parents continued way into the last book 'End of the Circle' where they were trapped into another timespace and she was actually manipulated by the Regis to attack her parents but regained her senses in the nick of time with the help of her sister....

Lisa Hayes and her father back at the doomed Grand Cannon.

Siblings: Vince Grant and Claudia Grant, Dana and I think is Aurora Sterling?

Friendship : Countless examples here...

By the way, does anyone still remember the ending in the last book 'End of the Circle', where all of them were transported back to Earth but Minmei and the Rem clone was somewhere sent into an island and she was singing and pregnant...where exactly were they transported to?
That commander's name I think is Rolf Emerson? He is the guardian of Bowie Grant who is the nephew of Claudia Grant. Dana Sterling was left in the care of the 3 Zentraedi spies who infiltrated SDF-1 during the 1st Robotech War after her parents left Earth.
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,345
0
0
#19
wattky said:
That commander's name I think is Rolf Emerson? He is the guardian of Bowie Grant who is the nephew of Claudia Grant. Dana Sterling was left in the care of the 3 Zentraedi spies who infiltrated SDF-1 during the 1st Robotech War after her parents left Earth.
Actually I had the entire Robotech series including The Sentinels. I have watched it many times and I think 3 spies were nebber mentioned they were the guardian of dana sterlings. It was probably general Rolf emerson who was both guardian of Dana and Bowie. ;) That's why both of them were so close.. :)
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,345
0
0
#20
Zor Prime is my fav character in the series. He's probably the best ace in the entire saga. Who can possibly take down as many as 2 dozen bioroids with just a lone red bioroid? :cool: but Dana sterlings is better. She shot him down at least 3 times..:D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom