Any F1 fans in Clubsnap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shas3n

Jun 4, 2003
NUS
www.pbase.com
Let me admit it I am a hardcore fan of Formula 1 Racing. I was thinking of having a good discussion about F1 after every race. Just thought CS should be a nice place since we all know each other (atleast online) :)
Just to tell which team you like, and which team you dont... who is the best driver and worst and whatever else you like to say about F1.
Please join this thread if you are interested and preff leave your fav team/driver etc!!
me first
1. shas3n-williams BMW- Kimi and juan (i know kimi is with mc lauren ;) )

1. shas3n-williams BMW- Kimi and juan (i know kimi is with mc lauren )
3. kingpin - mclaren- kimi

I started to follow F1 since 1992.

But I dun go for team, I go for driver.....

1) Ayrton Senna (from 1992 to 1997)
2) Michael Schumacher (1997 onwards)

Originally posted by kingpin
1. shas3n-williams BMW- Kimi and juan (i know kimi is with mc lauren )
3. kingpin - mclaren- kimi
see i already have a team mate; me and kingpin that is!!
wong_se...i must say wow.. back in 92 i guess F1 not a very popular game. me following only from last few years. :( guess missed a lot of great drivers.

Ferrari - M. Schumacher

I'm also a fan of the late Ayrton Senna (1994, San Marino GP).

F1 has all the while been a very popluar sports event.

But before Sepang host the Grand Prix, there was not much live telecast. And at that time, there was no such thing called ESPN sports nor SCV. That;s why it did not bring up lots of interests from Asian.

1992 was the first year I was in Australia. And Melbourne host the first GRand Prix by the year of 1993, Damon Hill was the champion for the year if my memory is still good.

kingpin, never knew that u are F1 fans as well. Well, we will have one more topic during our Nepal. :)

Originally posted by wong_se

based on this, I think your memory is not serving you well, Senna died in 1994 during the San Marino GP..

:)

Originally posted by Marx
based on this, I think your memory is not serving you well, Senna died in 1994 during the San Marino GP..

:)

Ironically M Schumacher won that particular GP

Ferrari....
no fav driver...but i salute Alonso for his braking manoever to hold off DC (causing him to crash out) and Shumi (at the fininsh line) cannot remember which race...

My fav drivers: Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill (I know! lah!:D) and sigh...Schumy. Got my eyes on Mark Webber, Kimmi and Alonso too.

I've been to 4 Melbourne GPs. You can easily spot a true "blue" Italian if (a)they're half-naked, and (b) they wear or carry red and/or Ferrari products, and (c) they speak Italian (duh!) and (d) they're drunk before qualifying has even started.

Originally posted by randomwalk
My fav drivers: Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill (I know! lah!:D) and sigh...Schumy. Got my eyes on Mark Webber, Kimmi and Alonso too.

I've been to 4 Melbourne GPs. You can easily spot a true "blue" Italian if (a)they're half-naked, and (b) they wear or carry red and/or Ferrari products, and (c) they speak Italian (duh!) and (d) they're drunk before qualifying has even started.
guess that is why we have only 2 italian drivers...trulli and fisichella ;)(did i miss anybody else?)

Too many italians at the GP already, especially Melbourne. :dunno:

Need more swedish/danish drivers - then maybe can see more swedish/danish chicks!! ;p

quote:Originally posted by wong_se

Sorry, typo. It is 1994, the year Senna died before World Cup 94 in USA. During the World Cup final, penalty shoot out, all Brazilian player were holding hands with closed eye, and they claimt that the victory was more from the Senna's blessing rather than gifted by Roberto Baggio.

In other boring news, I still have the mpeg of Senna's in-car video a few seconds before the fatal impact.

Senna > Schumy. FACT!

yup they even dedicated that world cup in his memory..
but heard nowadays even if you bang a concrete wall at 300 kmph with a F1 car.. nothing will happen. (to the driver of course not the car)
the sport is much more safer these days.

Originally posted by wong_se
...Sorry, typo. It is 1994, the year Senna died before World Cup 94 in USA. During the World Cup final, penalty shoot out, all Brazilian player were holding hands with closed eye, and they claimt that the victory was more from the Senna's blessing rather than gifted by Roberto Baggio.

OT:
Oh, yeah, I also remember that WC, and the lacklustre performance of Baggio, I think Jurgen Klinsmann was better that time.

Current favs:
1. Montoya--Williams
2. DC--McLaren
3. Kimi-McLaren

All time favs:
1. Senna
2. Mika
3. Prost

Hate:
that one red car and driver (but Bari OK)

Status
Not open for further replies.