Any external DSLR repair shops?

kinderboeno

Apr 12, 2012
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi guys, Do you know of any places that do DSLR cleaning services other than Nikon's CSC? I want to get my D60's mirror cleaned as I've found a few black spots when testing for dust.

Tired blowing liao but still the same. So I want to send it to a shop that does cleaning services cos I too noob when it comes to internal cleaning :bsmilie:

Also, what's the price in general for cleaning the mirror?

Hi guys, Do you know of any places that do DSLR cleaning services other than Nikon's CSC? I want to get my D60's mirror cleaned as I've found a few black spots when testing for dust.

Tired blowing liao but still the same. So I want to send it to a shop that does cleaning services cos I too noob when it comes to internal cleaning :bsmilie:

You can go to P&G at The Adelphi or Camera Hospital at Sunshine Plaza. I remember the cleaning fee for sensors is $30 for P&G, not sure about mirror.

Actually, its not that scary to clean the mirror, after using the blower try using a microfibre cloth to wipe the mirror.

You can go to P&G at The Adelphi or Camera Hospital at Sunshine Plaza. I remember the cleaning fee for sensors is $30 for P&G, not sure about mirror.

Actually, its not that scary to clean the mirror, after using the blower try using a microfibre cloth to wipe the mirror.

Ahhhh, Both places near SLS right? also one more thing, do these services take long? should be quite fast right? Thanks alot for the info!

kinderboeno said:
Ahhhh, Both places near SLS right? also one more thing, do these services take long? should be quite fast right? Thanks alot for the info!

Not both, the adelphi is opposite funan. Cleaning the mirror should be a rather fast process, shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

FYI, dust on mirror or viewfinder will not show up on the final images.

Only dust on sensor will show up on images. and you need a torch and a magnify to see dust on sensor, while mirror is up and the shutter opened.

btw, do not attempt to clean the mirror yourself, the mirror is front coated with silver, there is no protection at all, it will get scratch easily. I don't clean mirror at all, would rather have a dirty mirror than a scratched mirror.

Went down to camera hospital today, turns out the sensor really needs cleaning and the lens developed abit fungi :(

So I just placed it into a dry box until I can afford service it. Quite pok now ah.

But thanks guys for your insight!

Went down to camera hospital today, turns out the sensor really needs cleaning and the lens developed abit fungi :(

So I just placed it into a dry box until I can afford service it. Quite pok now ah.

But thanks guys for your insight!

Best that you bring the camera down to NSC for a check. In the past, camera hospital has diagnosed my friend's lenses and camera wrongly, claiming that its fungus infected and need dismantling. However, a trip to Canon service centre proved that its nothing more than dust on the exterior.

Best that you bring the camera down to NSC for a check. In the past, camera hospital has diagnosed my friend's lenses and camera wrongly, claiming that its fungus infected and need dismantling. However, a trip to Canon service centre proved that its nothing more than dust on the exterior.

Hmm ok....How much do they usually charge for fungi cleaning and sensor cleaning at NSC ah? Need a little bit of head up haha

Hmm ok....How much do they usually charge for fungi cleaning and sensor cleaning at NSC ah? Need a little bit of head up haha

Once i called camera hospital how long will they take for sensor cleaning and viewfinder cleaning and they said 3-4weeks. i called NSC and they said 2 weeks tops. Well i still trust NSC and their professional services. Your choice.

sensor cleaning for medium size bodies like D90,D70,D5100 etc. will cost you slightly below 30(inc. GST) taken my old trusty d70s for sensor cleaning and rubber grip replacement, in total 58.

Just had a quote from Nikon for replacing the film winder on my F3HP. $77 for the winder unit is reasonable but I cant understand why service charge is $150 making a total of $227?

Don't think I want to go to Nikon. Anyone has comments?

Sorry to hear that scliml.
I had experienced with 3rd party repairs and will never go to any of them.
Send my lens in for cleaning due to fungus, when collecting, says the focus is out and charged additional $30. I show them the photos taken just before send in, all are tack sharp.
I would loss $30 if I don't have any photos to proof.
Once bitten, twice shy.

which, which part of the rubber grip you replaced huh?
my rubber grip at the section of my little finger on the right hand side of the camera body when the lens is facing away from you is broken..

sensor cleaning for medium size bodies like D90,D70,D5100 etc. will cost you slightly below 30(inc. GST) taken my old trusty d70s for sensor cleaning and rubber grip replacement, in total 58.

Sorry to hear that scliml.
I had experienced with 3rd party repairs and will never go to any of them.
Send my lens in for cleaning due to fungus, when collecting, says the focus is out and charged additional $30. I show them the photos taken just before send in, all are tack sharp.
I would loss $30 if I don't have any photos to proof.
Once bitten, twice shy.

Can you inform the name of the 3rd party repair shop in order not to tarnish all in one brush.

30$??? Why shouldn't we try to clean by ourself?
Google the guide then can practice easily, not too hard and faster.
It's your "baby",should clean/maintain it usually :)

ndhonghai said:
30$??? Why shouldn't we try to clean by ourself?
Google the guide then can practice easily, not too hard and faster.
It's your "baby",should clean/maintain it usually :)

Not everyone willing to take the risk, they rather fork out Abit so their baby will be in experience hand

No need, I guess. But I like the: "in order not to tarnish all in one brush" part

Sorry was busy with work.
I'm not trying to frame anyone here or adding 'oil & fire'.
Yes, me thinks no mention better...hopes they realised their mistake, and treat others fairly. 'cus I made a big damn with them...lol...now think back,its really funny...everyone include the boss oso become num...