Any experience with this shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

200sx

Jun 5, 2008
West
Hi everyone,
I know newbies like us will always get carrot by secondhand shops if we don't know them. Anyone have any experience with the shop pg? The one at peninsula hotel own by the elder brother.

Last edited:
i don't understand what you are trying to say

the shop's name is "PG"?

your elder brother is owned by peninsula hotel
or he owns peninsula hotel?

hmmm...whose elder bro?

i don't even understand the reason given for editing the post.
What is "sry my change to by" ??

I did a quick search on Green Book. There is a 'PG Business Associates' operating out of Peninsula Plaza #04-65. Don't know if that business has anything to do with second-hand photographic equipment.

Last edited:
Sorry i mistype the word. so i replaced "my" to "by". So any one have experience with this shop called p&g photographic?

Last edited:
You mean to say both brothers operate camera shops in Penisula Hotel and you are making a comparison ? What are experiences that you like know is it ? Rather confusing post.

Sorry i mistype the word. so i replaced "my" to "by". So any one have experience with this shop called p&g photographic?

So far my experience with the shop was okay. bought some lens and a body from Davis when they were at the Adelphi before they move over to Peninsular Hotel premise in front of the coffee shop and diagonally opposite Jack that sells Benro tripods.:):thumbsup:

Sorry for the confusing post. The David operates in adephi, while the elder brother Andrew operates at peninsula hotel. I want to know if anyone here have any experience buying stuff from Andrew.

Andrew is basically a nice guy. Not the type to con any greenhorns. I bought a few camera bodies as well as lenses there before and they were worth the value. Got a few camera bodies that are in excellent condition and they're priced lower than those in this forum. I even recommended some of my friends, who just got into photography, to the shop and they bought used DSLR kits from Andrew. All of them are happy with what they bought. Of course, when you buy 2nd hand stuff, you must always check them out before you buy them. :)

He labelled one dslr as 2.2k but when i asked him, he quoted me 2.4k!! (Like i was blind??) then when i tested it, suddenly when i twisted the battery releaser, the releaser dropped off! he really give me a very dark face. First he quoted me higher price, then the releaser was spoilt initially and he accused me if i didn't turn hard why would it break? i was quite pissed off by his attitude.

Lol. Maybe you might want to buy first hand? "Safer" in a sense that you get warranty and first hand stuff.

its a 1dm2. the story didn't end there, after that he gave me a please leave my shop look, but i still wanted to continue testing before making my decision. He said "this is consignment you know"*continue look at me* really really i hate that kind of "i don need your business" look.

no offence. but from the way u cant even phrase a simple thread properly, i'd assume that doing your business is no easy task.

consignment means that the camera dun belong to him. and now that something has happened to it, regardless who's at fault, he'd ve to explain it to the owner.

There is a typo in the first thread, thats why after the #8 post the thread was back to track. consignments to me means he earn both side, he earn a lot from it. he have a reputation to hold, didn't he checked the condition? Then dishonesty comes to my mind, why quote a price higher then displayed?

200sx..

u got an axe to grind??

live and let live lah..he didn't asked u to pay for the damage. did he??;)

maybe u can tell us how was yr mannerism during the entire buying process too.

and of cos, shops have to make good $$$..if not, do for wat??:dunno:

in the end it is always, caveat emptor.

I was very polite during the whole process, i say the releaser dropped when i twisted it. during the whole event i didn't criticize the camera. just making some internal decision of my test on the camera. even when he give me that look i say "i am really sorry". I even apologized! i got very irritated when someone take me for granted and quoted even higher price then listed. i want newbies to learn from my experience. My advice, just walk out and don't say a word. In short, i just want people to learnt from my experience. Sorry if the thread looks like i am bearing grudge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.