Any experience with Microdrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koalabear

Jul 10, 2005
Maryland, USA
Microdrive is supported in Nikon D70s. Appreciate any feedback for this (either with the D70s or other products). Thanks. :D

not sure for D70, but my older 4G microdrive works with 300D/10D/20D. slow but usable. and also uses up more battery. do take note of battery levels tho, if it's writing to the md and ur battery goes flat, it MAY not work even after u replace with new batteries. depends on luck i think?

used 2 GB Microdrive on my D70 for more than a year already. Bought it cos its cheaper than CF card. Since I dun do any sports photography, they speed of the card is not an issue. And yes, I dropped the card by accident countless times and so far so good... no problems at all... not as fragile as what lots of pple say it is.

idor said:
used 2 GB Microdrive on my D70 for more than a year already. Bought it cos its cheaper than CF card. Since I dun do any sports photography, they speed of the card is not an issue. And yes, I dropped the card by accident countless times and so far so good... no problems at all... not as fragile as what lots of pple say it is.

FWIW, two of my 1 gig IBM MDs died not because they were dropped, they just died for no apparent reason. :bsmilie:

The 4 gig Hitachi I pulled from a Creative Muvo2 is still good, AFAIK.

I suppose as they keep manufacturing these things, they'd just get better and better at making them more reliable, at least that's what we all hope. (Hmm, then how come my big HDs just keep dying every now and then within their warranty periods................... :bsmilie: )

Status
Not open for further replies.