Any experience in masking of green and blue screen photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrylim

Mar 30, 2004
North
henrylim.net
Hi all,

I am interested in processing photographs made on green and blue screens, to remove the background and retain the subject in the foreground. However, I am not sure of the following:
1) What are the common software that local companies carry (for masking/separation in Photoshop CS3/4).
2) Who are the suppliers/companies of green/blue screens and back drop stands.

I have searched on the internet, saw Primatte Chromakey 3.0 seem like a good software. Need advice from those who had experience in this type of masking/separation to share too.

Thank you very much!
Henry

Any software that has magic wane to select the area and copy out. The uniform green/blue allows the software to easily separate the border.

Any software that has magic wane to select the area and copy out. The uniform green/blue allows the software to easily separate the border.
How about the green cast on the fringe e.g. on face, clothes, hair -> i.e. spill over?

How about the green cast on the fringe e.g. on face, clothes, hair -> i.e. spill over?

select color range, click until you have everything you want, layer duplicate, erase the parts that you want to keep, then delete. simple what, no need super duper software.

i guess green or blue screen is used because these are not common colors? not sure though.

Under normal circumstances, you should not have that kind of odd green or odd blue fringe. Like what night86mare said, the software should do 90% of the work ideally and you still have to do deselect unwanted areas. Which is why the better the contrast of the subject from the area the better.

select color range, click until you have everything you want, layer duplicate, erase the parts that you want to keep, then delete. simple what, no need super duper software.

i guess green or blue screen is used because these are not common colors? not sure though.

Because sensors are more sensitive to green.

Status
Not open for further replies.