Any Dopod users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
Hi folks,

just wondering if there are any Dopod users here, care to share ur experiences with Dopod?
Thx!

:cool:

natnivek

Feb 15, 2005
Eastside
natnivek.multiply.com
Used to use the 818 for awhile. Processing speed is decent & software is stable. Never hung on me before. The only reason why I couldn't stand it was the messaging. :sticktong

My friends love it though. :)

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Dopod is very very attractive to me, I have been on the look for PDA phones for a week, and Dopod still stands out alot, followed by Ipad, and O2. One thing though, you should probably know that Dopod is a Taiwan-based manufacturer, and thus the prices of Dopod, although equally competent when compared to O2, in fact in many cases, better, is much much cheaper.

Good thing is, Dopod is wise enough to foresee the expandable market for Windows Mobile based PDA phones.

adamadam

Feb 9, 2004
Perth
www.flickr.com
My father has a Dopod 818. I think it's this one, with the keyboard sliding out.
I think it's nice, especially with the keyboard! Has a camera to take video and photographs (of course cannot compare to DSLR ;)) Has a phone... and pda all in one!

I want one... but I'll wait until end of year and check prices then :)

natnivek

Feb 15, 2005
Eastside
natnivek.multiply.com
Slivester said:
Dopod is very very attractive to me, I have been on the look for PDA phones for a week, and Dopod still stands out alot, followed by Ipad, and O2. One thing though, you should probably know that Dopod is a Taiwan-based manufacturer, and thus the prices of Dopod, although equally competent when compared to O2, in fact in many cases, better, is much much cheaper.

Good thing is, Dopod is wise enough to foresee the expandable market for Windows Mobile based PDA phones.
If I'm not mistaken, BOTH O2 & Dopod is manufactured by HTC. It's just the branding that is different. ;)

Edited: I think O2 might be switching manufacturer soon though.

sinlg

Jun 21, 2004
any cheaper if MO ?? ;) 818 sounds good

koolz

Nov 13, 2004
East
Using Dopod 900, pretty good. ;)

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
natnivek said:
If I'm not mistaken, BOTH O2 & Dopod is manufactured by HTC. It's just the branding that is different. ;)

Edited: I think O2 might be switching manufacturer soon though.
Both are under licensed to use the HTC technology, although HTC, O2 and Dopod are individual companies. O2 is based in London while Dopod is based in Taiwan. Different company, different bosses, different continent.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
thx for the replies everyone....was thinking of getting a 818. :)

natnivek

Feb 15, 2005
Eastside
natnivek.multiply.com
Slivester said:
Both are under licensed to use the HTC technology, although HTC, O2 and Dopod are individual companies. O2 is based in London while Dopod is based in Taiwan. Different company, different bosses, different continent.
Agreed. But still same manufacturer. Which was my point. :)

Zaran, good choice. 818 is good to go! :thumbsup:

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Ah, and you get that as well with O2 Atom don't you? Compact, wifi, Intel Mobile Media technology, MS Windows Mobile V5.

And the price tag for both. Argh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom