Any digicam can shoot panorama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtan

Jan 26, 2005
hi does anybody know of any high end digicam that can shoot in panorama? my canon 5 D cannot!

Umm you just need a tripod that has those panoramic heads? There is photo stiching software for that too. Even consumer digital compacts can do panormas ..

Normally I will take a series of all-rounded shots using the tripod. Upload it on PC and use Photoshop to align them together...

If your digicam has manual control, use them instead of auto settings which may result in different picture turn-out for each photo, causing unblended colours to occur. :)

hi raptor thanks. this may sound crazy but i am a guy who is too lazy to edit let alone stitch up my digital photos. i just shoot and store!! hence was wondering whether there is a digital version of the hasselblad panorama camera which gives superb images without the need to photoshop

gtan said:
hi raptor thanks. this may sound crazy but i am a guy who is too lazy to edit let alone stitch up my digital photos. i just shoot and store!! hence was wondering whether there is a digital version of the hasselblad panorama camera which gives superb images without the need to photoshop
Those stitching software are so simple to use that you just have to give them the images in sequence and it will stitch them for you automatically.

Roundshot-Super-Digital-II.jpg

Seitz Super Digital II Roundshot

Terence said:
I've used this before, resolution is rather crap. You're basically taking an image off a mirror!
well, it is convenient...best resolution is still from stitching :)

Blu-By-U said:
WOW:bigeyes: Blu like this one...sure beats any panorama software.!!!!
You still need to use the software to transform the circular image into rectilinear.

was reading the review...now not so sure it's any better...maybe a panning head would be more ideal....looks like it's back to the stiching software..:(

theRBK said:
well, it is convenient...best resolution is still from stitching :)

What has stitching got to do with overall resolution and image quality?

My sony ericsson W700i got panorama function leh..
Somemore its only $99 with 2-yr plan at sintel promotion now :thumbsup:

Terence said:
What has stitching got to do with overall resolution and image quality?
Because you can shoot many frames at full resolution to make the panorama. The device cramps the whole panorama into one frame and tries to unravel it, of course you get better resolution with stitching software.

lsisaxon said:
Because you can shoot many frames at full resolution to make the panorama. The device cramps the whole panorama into one frame and tries to unravel it, of course you get better resolution with stitching software.

I'm wondering why he stated that stitching was the best solution when they are film alternatives which can be as good or better, without the need for stitching.

If you read my earlier post, you'd know that I didn't like the 360 One VR.

Errmm...., if you don't intend to have big prints, why don't you just use your widest lense, and then crop the picture afterwards into any panaroma format you like in PS. 5D resolution is high enough for you to crop quite a bit. It is just a less than 1 min job to do it in PS.

Terence said:
I'm wondering why he stated that stitching was the best solution when they are film alternatives which can be as good or better, without the need for stitching.

replying to previous post saying images CMI...just meant that if priority is resolution, can't beat stitching (not using shots from the 360 system, using shots from camera mounted on a pano head)...some patience and a whole lot of stiching can get you gigapixel images... :)

but convenience, xpan would be good as it is one shot...just that TS mentioned wanting a digital solution :)

Blu think not much choice then if high resolution required, then Terance's Film based pano camera is still the best. Even a with blu now currently shooting at full 7.8mp would not be able to beat the 35mm film. Maybe the only advantage from digital, is adjusting and playing around with the exposure.

Terence said:

Film solutions requires dedicated hardware which is not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.