Any difference between tilting flashhead for 45 and 60 degree when using omnibounce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most obvious will be at 45 degrees the shadow of your subject will be much clearer and "more harsh" as compared to firing your flash at 60 degrees. Also from my personal experience, 45 usually caused over-exposure of certain areas of the face. It may be of my settings but I remembered reading somewhere it is advisable to tilt your flash at least 60degrees for human portrait shots.

However, do remember when your tilting, you are bouncing off flash light from the ceiling or whatever that is above you so watch the colour cast if boucing against non-white ceilings.

Just my 2 cents worth. Critics and disagreements are most welcome as I am here to learn as well. Cheers:cheers:

That may also be the reason why Canon speedlites flash heads click first at 60 degrees when tilted upwards, and not 45 degrees.

45 or 60 degrees?

I wud say both will produce e same effect. Of course u hav to use them accordingly.

Tilting to either angles actually depends on e distance between u n e subject. With these in place, u'll hav a perfectly balanced, soft n shadowless image despite which angle u r usin.

Henessy said:
What happens when there is no ceiling, and I tilt at either 45 or 60 degree?

The tilt angle's still the same, only thing now is that you must use a bounce card.

Status
Not open for further replies.