Any difference between Sandisk UltraII and Extreme CF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST_sg

Mar 23, 2004
sunnytang.zenfolio.com
Hi there, I'm using Sandisk UltraII 512MB CF for 300D. superb performance! And now I saw there is Sandisk Extreme, stated the same write/read speed as UltraII.

Has anyone tried Extreme before, and care to share is it any significant/stability performance between these 2 cards specifically with 300D?

I know the price is quite a diff :think: :think:

Thanks.

Get a Ultra 2 enough liao....i have both of them... but i dun see much diff in performance when i use them in my S2pro & 10D.....
Get a Ultra 2 is more worth it

kerpalz said:
Get a Ultra 2 enough liao....i have both of them... but i dun see much diff in performance when i use them in my S2pro & 10D.....
Get a Ultra 2 is more worth it
But the Extreme version more affordable price leh :think:

Extreme 512MB CF = S$149
UltraII 512MB CF = S$219

both stated as 9/10 write/read speed... :think:

ST_sg said:
But the Extreme version more affordable price leh :think:

Extreme 512MB CF = S$149
UltraII 512MB CF = S$219

both stated as 9/10 write/read speed... :think:

Huh?? Extreme cheaper than Ultra2?? When did that happen? In any case, your card can only work as fast as the camera writing to it. To that end, the 300D and 10D are SLOOOWWWWWW..........

I have previouly found negligible difference in write speeds using my old 1GB Microdrive vs 1GB Sandisk Ultra 2 on my 300D.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6425

dkw said:
Huh?? Extreme cheaper than Ultra2?? When did that happen? In any case, your card can only work as fast as the camera writing to it. To that end, the 300D and 10D are SLOOOWWWWWW..........

I have previouly found negligible difference in write speeds using my old 1GB Microdrive vs 1GB Sandisk Ultra 2 on my 300D.

Check today's ComputerTimes. Comex2004 promo price. Sandisk Extreme 512MB at S$145 not S$149 (my early typo error) ! :eek:

ST_sg said:
Check today's ComputerTimes. Comex2004 promo price. Sandisk Extreme 512MB at S$145 not S$149 (my early typo error) ! :eek:

either mistake in advertising or this is too good to be true! Can someone confirm?

if extreme so cheap.... 2morrow i cheong down buy 2 liao lohz~

dkw said:

yap, agree with you totally. For 300D and 10D, i find the bottle neck is at the writing speed of the cam and not the card. Didn't really make a difference between my hagiwara and ultra 2. but of course if it's cheap buy buy buy!!!!! Buy fast card then buy faster writing cam like the 1Dmk2!!!

Kho King said:
either mistake in advertising or this is too good to be true! Can someone confirm?

Confirm. Booth 8347.

Yeah confirmed.........but did you read the small prints??

Limited quantity each day, but no mention how limited it is..... 1 pc or 2 pcs??

Hopefully it's not another gimmick....it's definitely cheap.

Extreme is a Ultra II just with higher tolerances to the environment such as temperature.

I thought EastGear claims that they will match any price of CF cards sold outside wah..? Rather than going down to Comex, just ask East Gear to match the price loh :sweat: :sweatsm:

ptwong said:
Didn't really make a difference between my hagiwara and ultra 2.

For my E-1, it does makes a difference. My hagiwara must wait for a few
seconds before I can take the next shot but with ultra 2, I can continue
to snap without any delay.

Btw, the Extreme card comes with a CD for recovery of corrupted data on your card. This time the program's on a CD, not like Lexar's one in the CF card itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.