Any die die must go places in Bangkok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
hello everyone,
going to bangkok alone this saturday for a photography get away trip:D will be back on tuesday.Any nice scenic places to recommend over there ?Is tripod allowed in temples ?any nice tom yam food stalls?1st time there ,so abit blur. :bsmilie:
will be staying at white orchid ard chinatown.

Hi kex, hope you don't mind me "riding" on your thread. :)

I saw an ad @ ST. Bangkok 3D @ $238; 4D @ $248. Seems good, and am considering it. :) Is Bangkok Palace (Hotel) a good place to stay? Any recommendation for hotels?

Would be watching this thread closely... want to know what are the "must visit" place in Bangkok too. :D

:Later,

Bangkok Palace is good in my opinion, went there a couple of years back
Originally posted by Pinoy
Hi kex, hope you don't mind me "riding" on your thread. :)

I saw an ad @ ST. Bangkok 3D @ $238; 4D @ $248. Seems good, and am considering it. :) Is Bangkok Palace (Hotel) a good place to stay? Any recommendation for hotels?

Would be watching this thread closely... want to know what are the "must visit" place in Bangkok too. :D

:Later,

Grand Palace, Floating Market, Chatujak, Patpong, Vimanmek Palace, Pattaya, Crocodile farm etc..
do a search in the internet to find out more infor about the places.
In my opinion, Chatujak and Crocodile farm are good
Originally posted by kex
hello everyone,
going to bangkok alone this saturday for a photography get away trip:D will be back on tuesday.Any nice scenic places to recommend over there ?Is tripod allowed in temples ?any nice tom yam food stalls?1st time there ,so abit blur. :bsmilie:
will be staying at white orchid ard chinatown.

kex, your hotel is near Bangkok chinatown, the better hotels are along Sukuvmit Road (the Bangkok equivalent of Orchard Road).

Anyway, some classic sightseeing places:
1. Grand Palace (must wear socks)
2. Golden Budda
3. Jade Budda
4. Choapaya River
5. any snake temple
6. any time you see an elephant walking on the main road

In Bangkok temples, normally they allow you to take photos freely, unless there is a prayer going on, in that case you should respect the locals and do not take photos.

Bangkok chinatown itself is an amazing place, you will have a difficult time to decide what photo to take and what not to take.

Since you are alone, be careful of the con-man, if anyone appears to be extra friendly to talk to you, pay special attention, or simply walk away.

Many Bangkok Chinese nowadays speak mandarin and teochew. many are eager to practice when they know you can speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.