Any Dan Brown's fans here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiez

Oct 6, 2003
Just finished his "Deception Point" and IMO its the best one in his series
of books. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Simply can't put it down after I started.

cookiez said:
Just finished his "Deception Point" and IMO its the best one in his series
of books. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Simply can't put it down after I started.

u must read his Da Vinci Code .. :thumbsup:
can hv goose bumps all over your body ....... :bsmilie:

before Da Vinci Code, should read the prequel "Angels and Demons" first to warm up :p

I'm reading his 'Da Vinci Code", halfway through and it's so captivating.. Can't put down the book after start reading..
Mine is the illustrated version, and it's really wonderful as readers will have a clearer picture as for what he is writing about.. especially about the part about The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci.

i've read these books

da vinci code...... :thumbsup:
angels n demons.. :thumbsup:
digital fortress is so-so only. doesn't have the same effect on me as the two others mentioned.

Read DV Code and A&D. Starting on D Point soon!

:heart: Da Vinci Code, found A&D quite similar too. Find it not as thrilling as DVC.

To me, Da Vinci Code is only so-so, Angel & Demon is much better
than DVC. Deception Point is the best ! you dunno who is the real villain
until the last few pages...which keeps you turning and turning the pages from
page 1, can't stop !!

I read only Da Vinci Code, find it quite boring leh. But managed to finish it. Maybe bcos people who have read it told me it is very good and I got high expectation. :confused:

cookiez said:
To me, Da Vinci Code is only so-so, Angel & Demon is much better
than DVC. Deception Point is the best ! you dunno who is the real villain
until the last few pages...which keeps you turning and turning the pages from
page 1, can't stop !!

Same here, I find DVC so so and dunno why other praise it so well.

To me, Da Vinci Code, is rather predictable. After reading it, I sort of not much interest to pick up the rest of his books...Maybe I shld try Deception Point :embrass: I like story which dunno who's the real villian until the end.

i recall that both digital fortress and angels and demons have the sort of twist that you like.

Paul_Yeo said:
Same here, I find DVC so so and dunno why other praise it so well.

To me, Da Vinci Code, is rather predictable. After reading it, I sort of not much interest to pick up the rest of his books...Maybe I shld try Deception Point :embrass: I like story which dunno who's the real villian until the end.

I like Deception Point the most in terms of story line, but DVC really stirred up my interest in the history of Chrisianity and Da Vinci...

Found a funny "flaw" in A&D. In a few instances when the characters tried make calls from their cell phone, they could not get a dial tone because there was no signal (either underground or busy network).

Here are the references which I managed to pull out by doing a search in the book on Amazon.com for "dial tone":

1. on Page 95:
"... me." Kohler did not move. An instant later, Vittoria realized why. This far underground , her cell phone had no dial tone. Fuming, she headed for the elevator. T he Hassassin stood at the end of the stone tunnel. His torch still ..."

2. on Page 97:
"... opened, Kohler was still talking. Vittoria stepped out of the elevator, pulled out her phone, and tried again. Still no dial tone. Damn! She headed for the door. ..."

3. on Page 116:
"... pocket of her shorts. Vittoria removed an ultrathin cell phone. The guard took it, clicked it on, waited for a dial tone, and then, apparently satisfied that it was indeed nothing more than a phone, returned it to her. Vittoria slid it ..."

4. on Page 428:
"... "I need your phone." Langdon was frenzied. The man shrugged. "No dial tone. Been trying all night. Circuits are packed." Langdon swore aloud. "Have you seen anyone go in there?" He pointed to ..."

Since when do we need to get a dial tone on cell phones before we can dial? I don't think there is even such a thing as dial tone for digital cell phones. You just check if you have network connection from the display screen right?

Mistakes like this don't go well with hi-tech thrillers I think...

:think:

Most of what happened in Da Vinci Code took place in Paris. Many of the places reminded me of my visit to Paris - that makes me click with it. Otherwise, it is just another book to read like a good book to read when travelling - lots of waiting time apart from "playing with your cam".

Well, I find that there are far too much fortuitious events that borders on the incredible, but the yarn was told rather convincingly.

roygoh said:
I like Deception Point the most in terms of story line, but DVC really stirred up my interest in the history of Chrisianity and Da Vinci...

Found a funny "flaw" in A&D. In a few instances when the characters tried make calls from their cell phone, they could not get a dial tone because there was no signal (either underground or busy network).

Here are the references which I managed to pull out by doing a search in the book on Amazon.com for "dial tone":

1. on Page 95:
"... me." Kohler did not move. An instant later, Vittoria realized why. This far underground , her cell phone had no dial tone. Fuming, she headed for the elevator. T he Hassassin stood at the end of the stone tunnel. His torch still ..."

2. on Page 97:
"... opened, Kohler was still talking. Vittoria stepped out of the elevator, pulled out her phone, and tried again. Still no dial tone. Damn! She headed for the door. ..."

3. on Page 116:
"... pocket of her shorts. Vittoria removed an ultrathin cell phone. The guard took it, clicked it on, waited for a dial tone, and then, apparently satisfied that it was indeed nothing more than a phone, returned it to her. Vittoria slid it ..."

4. on Page 428:
"... "I need your phone." Langdon was frenzied. The man shrugged. "No dial tone. Been trying all night. Circuits are packed." Langdon swore aloud. "Have you seen anyone go in there?" He pointed to ..."

Since when do we need to get a dial tone on cell phones before we can dial? I don't think there is even such a thing as dial tone for digital cell phones. You just check if you have network connection from the display screen right?

Mistakes like this don't go well with hi-tech thrillers I think...

:think:
Exactlly~~!... I tot no one every notice that... as I was going through A&D... I was like "Dial Tone?... mobile phone?..." and I was picturing a old line phone...

haha...u guys really sharp-eyed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Seriously I really didnt even notice it :embrass:

i agree with cookiez :) deception point is the best in the series... angels and demons is better than the davinci code though :S i read davinci code first and angels n demons made the davinci code seem so uninteresting! lol

ParkertR said:
i agree with cookiez :) deception point is the best in the series... angels and demons is better than the davinci code though :S i read davinci code first and angels n demons made the davinci code seem so uninteresting! lol

great minds think alike :cheers:

slightly different from u, i read A&D first as it supposed to be the "pre-sequal"
of DVC. Now i can still remember the storyline in A&D clearly but can't
really remember what happened in DVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.