Any CSers travelling to JAPAN in DEC 2006 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiszRie

Oct 15, 2006
Singapore
as above, any CSers gonna be travelling to Japan in the months of Nov-Dec?

personally i'll be making my trip there on the 15th Dec - 27th Dec

^^

maybe we could meet up somewhere in Tokyo =)

ME!!!

Going from 27th Nov to 15th Dec though...
Around the Tokyo and Kyoto region though... like Nikko, Takayama, Nagoya, Hakone...

Weather's gonna be cold..

Basically itinerary will be going straight to Kyoto first.. then work towards Tokyo...

Any places that are MUST-go in these regions? Still working out details of where exactly to go..

ME!!!

Going from 27th Nov to 15th Dec though...
Around the Tokyo and Kyoto region though... like Nikko, Takayama, Nagoya, Hakone...

Weather's gonna be cold..

Basically itinerary will be going straight to Kyoto first.. then work towards Tokyo...

Any places that are MUST-go in these regions? Still working out details of where exactly to go..

ahh i'll be departing SG on the 15th xD

Kyoto is pretty standard but i would say making trips down to Shirakawa-Go and Karuizawa makes for a nice day trips away from the usual fan-fare, fell in love with Karuizawa the first time i went there 2 years ago, really nice town close to the beauty of nature, Shirakawa-Go would give you the opportunity to see and experience snow (if you're interested that is) all in all Shirakawa-Go is a good location to visit if you have the time

as a general rule of thumb, put aside 4-5 days for Kyoto and another 4-5 days for Tokyo =) a common mistake for those travelling to Japan for the first time is the urge to cover as many places as possible within a short time-frame, that frequently led to disappointment.

we can keep this thread going and share our photos taken during our trip here =)

the urge to cover as many places as possible within a short time-frame, that frequently led to disappointment.

Haha i'll be there from 25 Nov - 9 Dec... too short for my liking but work commitments are limiting... :(

Unfortunately, this time round i'm forced to jump from place to place, unlike the previous one where i stayed in tokyo for 10 days.

Those were fun days, exploring every nook and cranny in that idiosyncratic city. Whoever said that tokyo is boring and can be skipped hasn't seen every part of it. Most ppl go to Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Disneyland, Tsukiji, Asakusa and think that's about all. There're actually a lot more to tokyo, the lonely alleyways, the suburbs where buildings are short again, the small, signless restaurants, fresh food markets in the crook of a cross road, etc. Lots of photo op if you like to walk and walk. Take a bus too, it's a fun experience, but cycle at your own risk.

Haha i'll be there from 25 Nov - 9 Dec... too short for my liking but work commitments are limiting... :(

Unfortunately, this time round i'm forced to jump from place to place, unlike the previous one where i stayed in tokyo for 10 days.

Those were fun days, exploring every nook and cranny in that idiosyncratic city. Whoever said that tokyo is boring and can be skipped hasn't seen every part of it. Most ppl go to Harajuku, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Disneyland, Tsukiji, Asakusa and think that's about all. There're actually a lot more to tokyo, the lonely alleyways, the suburbs where buildings are short again, the small, signless restaurants, fresh food markets in the crook of a cross road, etc. Lots of photo op if you like to walk and walk. Take a bus too, it's a fun experience, but cycle at your own risk.

Tokyo Bay Odaiba can be said as my favourite location in Tokyo =)

have you been to Tokyo Bay Wedding Village? its mighty beautiful in the night with its french and english styled buildings lit by incandescant lighting....

I'll be in Japan from 20-29 Nov, going to Tokyo, Kyoto, Fukuoka, and maybe Kagoshima in between if I can stretch it. I'm really hoping to catch the autumn leaves in Kyoto, not sure if I'm too early.

Shirakawa-Go is a nice place. I stayed overnight in one of the gassho houses last March and I would recommend it. The snow was melting then, but I hear that the winter there can be very harsh. I also feel a bit sad that parts of the Ogimachi village is modernising. ST had a good write-up on the place a few days ago.

Tokyo Bay Odaiba can be said as my favourite location in Tokyo =)

have you been to Tokyo Bay Wedding Village? its mighty beautiful in the night with its french and english styled buildings lit by incandescant lighting....

Oh, not been there yet. So far, I've only visited Odaiba once, it feels like another city altogether. Wish i had more time to explore the place, it's huge! This trip round, i will only have 2 short days in Tokyo (mostly spent at Akiba for 2nd hand goods and visiting various flea markets for cheap japanese knock-offs) so will probably have to give it a miss again. :(

Btw, there's a Nintendo Wii expo in Tokyo Messe Expo hall on 25 November 2006.

They will be showcasing the Wii set and having many games out for test-play. Would be a real experience... i'm still wondering if i can squeeze this into my schedule... :(

Oh, not been there yet. So far, I've only visited Odaiba once, it feels like another city altogether. Wish i had more time to explore the place, it's huge! This trip round, i will only have 2 short days in Tokyo (mostly spent at Akiba for 2nd hand goods and visiting various flea markets for cheap japanese knock-offs) so will probably have to give it a miss again. :(

Odaiba is probably one of the must-go locations in Tokyo, some other under-rated areas includes Roppongi Hills and Shiodome

i'll be spending 8 days in Tokyo, venturing to places that are off the beaten-path of tourists, should give me a greater insight =)

Odaiba is probably one of the must-go locations in Tokyo, some other under-rated areas includes Roppongi Hills and Shiodome

i'll be spending 8 days in Tokyo, venturing to places that are off the beaten-path of tourists, should give me a greater insight =)

If u have time, you shld try the toyota test drive at odaiba. The last time i went there i found out that you had to book before hand... so sad, had desperately wanted to take the MRS for a spin.:sweat:

If u have time, you shld try the toyota test drive at odaiba. The last time i went there i found out that you had to book before hand... so sad, had desperately wanted to take the MRS for a spin.:sweat:

unfortunately i do not have a license xD

^^

Unfortunately no.

Next trip's in Spring. Enjoy urself! :D

^^

I MAY be in Tokyo around that date .... still not confirmed .....
hope we all can have a meetup in Ginza ..haha

I MAY be in Tokyo around that date .... still not confirmed .....
hope we all can have a meetup in Ginza ..haha

Ginza's coffe is expensive and it doesnt offer nice scenery, i would suggest Odaiba Decks instead, with its open-air cafeterias with an excellent view of the sea and the rainbow bridge ^^ do let me know if you'll be travelling there between 15th-27th Dec ^^

Sigh... Will be going from 13-19 Tokyo and Hokkaido... Wanted to extend 3 more days but all flights are fully booked for Dec!

Status
Not open for further replies.